Quick, filling breakfast ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I make a breakfast sandwhich out of a toasted sandwich thin (arnolds) 1 egg scrambled w/ little milk and cooked in the microwave in a bowl 90 secs, with 3 slices of ham lunch meat heated for 30 secs in micro. Its 291 calories for the brands that I use. I have that with a glass of milk for breakfast everyday. Just as yummy as BK breakfast sandwich.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    put about 3/4 of an inch to an inch of eggwhites in a glass bowl with green onions, bits of bacon and salt to taste. throw it in the microwave for a minute and a half. dump it on a bagel or roll, with more bacon - or avocado, or tomato or onions or something. bon apetit?
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I eat omelet muffins. I cook 12 of them on Sunday and put them in the fridge so they are easy to take with me in the mornings.
  • mama2mila
    Options
    I usually have steel cut oats and fruit, sprouted grain toast with natural peanut butter and fruit, or a smoothie.... my favorite one that has the most protein and staying power is the skinny green monster from skinnytaste.com.... delish!
  • roswyn80
    roswyn80 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I eat omelet muffins. I cook 12 of them on Sunday and put them in the fridge so they are easy to take with me in the mornings.

They sound pretty good! That's along the lines of what I've been hoping to do, bake muffins that are grab and go. :D

Do you have a recipe that you can share?
  • jupiterequinox
    jupiterequinox Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    On weekdays, I eat a cup of Fiber One honey clusters with a cup of lactaid milk.
    On weekends, I usually eat an egg and cheese sandwich (fried egg + Amer cheese + Martin's whole wheat potato bread), again with a glass of lactaid.
  • t1dude
    t1dude Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am **SURE** this is not healthy, not recommended, and bound to cause people to disagree, but I put 4 tbsp of heavy cream and 3 tbsp of raw cane sugar in about 10oz of coffee every morning. The cream is about 200 calories and the sugar is about 135 calories. By comparison, the IHOP healthy tomato and spinach omelette has 330 calories. I don't like spending time making breakfast and I like the boost from the caffeine, which keeps me energized until lunch.