good at home exercises for inch loss on mid area??

Options
its my hen party in 4weeks and im wanting to look better in my dress so wanting some at home exercises that will help give me a flatter belly? or inch loss in this area.

any tips would be great

Replies

• samcran0318
    Options
    Cross leg oblique crunches, bicycles, side planks, Russian twists with a medicine ball. I have Zumba for my Wii and that works well too.
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    absolute abs, APP on smartphone, works wonders and FREEEEeee
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I work out to the (THE FIRM) DVD's its but toning with weights and cardio,so I both in 1 workout plus my Treadmill.I have about 20 didn't DVD's of different brands,so i can mix it up and not get bored.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred will deliver inch loss!
  • vtachycardia
    Options
    Jumping Jacks
    Squats - and variations of body weight squats
    Lunges - and all it's variants especially curtsey lunge with a internal or external rotation
    Shoulder pressing with no weight while standing on one leg and engaging core

This will help tone everywhere.

This week at functionalpatterns.com there is Dogma of the week, all about how terrible supine crunches and all lthe variants are. Then there are alternative workouts to look at. The human body is not designed to crunch, unless anyone can think of one functional thing that a supine crunch is good for in life.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    1 hour of burpees.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    circuit training with weights go to www.jillianmichaels.com you can sign up for a 30 day free trail. I love this online program and went from 30 inch waist to 26. Jillian rocks!
  • emmie0622
    emmie0622 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    absolute abs, APP on smartphone, works wonders and FREEEEeee

Thanks! Just downloaded it!
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred helped me phenomenally. :smile:
  • vtachycardia
    Options
    1 hour of burpees.

with sandbags and muscle ups
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    you can't spot reduce, all the exercises are great for toning your ab muscles but they won't necessarily result in much inch loss, thats down to reducing body fat which I know you are already at a decent level.

It won't hurt to do them though, and maybe try and keep carbs / sugars down. My sister did very low carb (20g a day) which was mainly meat, cheese and veg before her hols for 2 weeks, this will lose you a few lbs, mainly water weight which will go back on when you eat carbs again but it will get you a flatter tummy for your wedding day :-)

ETA - ps leg raises are fabulous. most ab exercises work upper abs, leg raises work lower abs which is usually missed with other exericses.
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    yes!!!! i just lost an inch and 3/4 in the last month on 30DS no weight loss but i'm totally happy with those results!!
  • claismit
    claismit Posts: 21
    Options
    1 hour of burpees.

ARE YOU INSANE?? I WOULD DIE!! haha
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Fork putdowns.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    You can't spot burn. Just do cardio to lose fat from your body and be stricter about your nutrition.
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Lost 1.5" on my waist in the first half of 30 Day Shred. I did the first 15 days with about 2 rest days in there.
  • sandrajune72
    Options
    1 hour of burpees.

ARE YOU INSANE?? I WOULD DIE!! haha

:laugh: me too!!!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    you can't spot reduce, all the exercises are great for toning your ab muscles but they won't necessarily result in much inch loss, thats down to reducing body fat which I know you are already at a decent level.

It won't hurt to do them though, and maybe try and keep carbs / sugars down. My sister did very low carb (20g a day) which was mainly meat, cheese and veg before her hols for 2 weeks, this will lose you a few lbs, mainly water weight which will go back on when you eat carbs again but it will get you a flatter tummy for your wedding day :-)

ETA - ps leg raises are fabulous. most ab exercises work upper abs, leg raises work lower abs which is usually missed with other exericses.

This is the best advice. The ab exercises are going to make your abs bigger ie increase your size. Unless you get rid of the layers of fat that cover your abs, you won't actually reduce.

If it was me and I had 4 weeks, I'd do a lot of cardio (burn calories to burn fat) with a little bit of strength (to retain muscle mass. You won't gain muscle doing this but you won't lose it either). Maintain an accepteble calorie defict. No more than 500 calories per day.
    Eat clean for the 4 weeks with lots of protein and really low carb it for the 3 or 4 days before your party to reduce water weight.
  • MsLadyVirgo
    MsLadyVirgo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Bump ~ for later read
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

This is all over. Doing crunches is pointless. Your abs are the middle of a one dynamic muscle pattern that goes up from your toes, up your legs, along the rectus abdominis (six pack) and up to hook around your neck. On the back of you the other sequence starts at your heels, goes up your calves and hamstrings, up your spine erector muscles and your neck to clasp back together around your skull.

You do these kinds of circuit workouts and you work your entire body, in a way that works with this natural movement sequence. Its how your body wants to function anyway.

If you want a body that looks strong and sexy and athletic under a wittle layer of fat, you have to go with what your body was designed to do. Not sit up and down 1000 times, but work together to push, pull, stabilize, lift, press, etc. This way, when you're planking or doing pushups, and your arms and chest are engaged - so are the muscles along your back - which gets balanced out by the corresponding muscles on the front - your abs. These work together to keep your body aligned and strong and in proper form. Your obliques doing the same thing.

Dont do crunches. Use your whole body for a better effect.