Flabby arm syndrome

Options
tlc12078
tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
If any one had this issue, but with hard work it came off, can you please show and tell me what exercises did you do. I am doing Jillian and trying so hard to get this flab under control, but it is so flabby and I am afraid even with all my hard work its not going to come off. Is there any proof whats so ever after major weight loss it comes off with hard work. Just need that encouragement to keep on trucking. Thank you.

Replies

• awwwshux25
    awwwshux25 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    I have no idea what to do. I have "flabby arm syndrome". Hoping someone could give some insight on what they did.
  • linwaggs
    linwaggs Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You need to do tricep exercises. I use cables at the gym and do free weight exercises targeting that area.
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I've been doing heavy compound exercises- squats, deadlifts, overhead press, barbell rows, and bench press. I've been doing these for about five weeks following the stronglifts program and have seen some results, though I still have a ways to go. I'm thinking of adding in exercises to isolate my biceps and triceps as well, but haven't yet. Pics (Please don't judge too harshly):

Starting:
    th_armbefore.jpg?t=1344519019

Four weeks in:

th_armafter4week.jpg?t=1344518989

edited due to photo failure.
  • booyainyoface
    booyainyoface Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    time, and heavy weights. all of those exercises you are doing will hit your arms, but you could do an isolation heavy arm day. triceps are 2/3 of your arm, biceps are the other 1/3.

i would continue to do as doing, but maybe after your barbell rows throw in some bicep work, and after your bench press throw in some tricep work. your tricep has 3 heads that all need to get hit, so maybe do some overhead extensions, dips, dumbell kickbacks (killer- in a good way) and cable pressdowns.

my triceps fatigue pretty fast- i usually do triceps after my chest, or on an "arm day" (chest/bis/tris) and have had great success :)
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Squats
    Deadlifts
    Bench press
    Military press
    Rows

Accessory:

Chin ups
    Chest dips
    Tricep dips
    Push ups
    Piked push ups
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the very helpful feedback on this one, folks. Great info!
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    11161751_4646.jpg

Calorie deficit + cardio to burn fat and lifting heavy as possible 3 times a week.

Doing 30 Day Shred really helped as it taught me how to do push-ups and planks which have strengthened my back and arms and core.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,682 Member
    Options
    Squats
    Deadlifts
    Bench press
    Military press
    Rows

Accessory:

Chin ups
    Chest dips
    Tricep dips
    Push ups
    Piked push ups
    DITTO.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing, I really really need to focus on this one, I think they r getting smaller but its not tightening, so I will continue to do what I do and add more. Ty guys for all your info.
  • rusialeelee
    Options
    keep going with Jillian. I went from 16inch to 13inches (biggest part of my arm) after I finished 30 Day Shred
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!