Halloween Success

Options
Total: 2,284
Your Daily Goal: 4,533
Remaining: 2,249

*You've earned 2683 extra calories from exercise today

I managed to only eat about 400 of my exercise cals :)

Replies

• AlmostHot
    AlmostHot Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Thats great! but how on earth did you earn that many exercise calories?
  • mrcconway
    Options
    I got 1617 cals from about an hour and a half in the morning on the ellipitical machine on lvl 16 then I did another hour in the after noon and got 1066
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I got 1617 cals from about an hour and a half in the morning on the ellipitical machine on lvl 16 then I did another hour in the after noon and got 1066
    wow.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of calories.... that's why I love the elliptical.
  • mscocoa30
    mscocoa30 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Wowsers! :noway: I can't last for more than 2 minutes on that machine. That's great!
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    That is pretty amazing!!:happy: I only burn about 400 in an hour. You must be crankin! Do you use a heart rate monitor?

DD
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    That eliptical is amazing! I use it for a warm up before my full body weight lifting hour and in 20 minutes I burn 204 calories so yeah I can see where you can burn that in a hour! Twice a day? WOW, good job!!!
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    wow thats nice. i can only do about 15 min on the elliptical. INSPIRING
  • mrcconway
    Options
    I don't have my own hr monitor yet but i use the one that is on the machine. How many cals you burn is in respect to the lvl you set it on I had it on lvl 18 for 10 min and burnt 200 cals but I had to drop it down to 16 for the rest of the time. Even thou I burnt a lot this week I only lost 1 pound I figure I must have gained a lot of muscle since I lost 3/4 of an inch this week. On the higher setting it really works your leg muscles since it was hard for me to go up and down the stairs for a day lol
  • jdp21
    jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    The elliptical is awesome. It's low-impact so it doesn't kill me as much. Haha. I am usually only on it for a half hour and burn around 350 calories.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    ok so maybe someone can explain this for me....I normally do a 30 min workout on the elliptical. On the machine here at work, I burn about 350 in those 30 minutes.....I went to my gym on Saturday and did 30 mins and the machine said I only burned 225

dubbya tee effe??

They are different brand machines but I thought I was keeping the resistance levels fairly similar to what I normally do. Why on earth would there be such a big difference in the calories I burned? Does stride length make THAT much of a difference?? The machine at work has adjustable stride lengths and I keep it pretty small....the machine at the gym wasn't adjustable but it felt a lot longer than what I'm used to.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    The most accurate way to check how much you have burned is with a heart rate monitor. The machines may not give you an accurate reading
  • Missouwechanged
    Missouwechanged Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I agree. When I was using the treadmill at the gym, I could feel my heart pumping, but when I was looking at my pulse rate on the treadmill's computer, it would show me numbers like 40 or 60 pulse a minute :noway: I don't think the machines at the gym are always that accurate :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mrcconway
    Options
    True some of the machines will day a diff amount of cals burnt. But another thing that can adjust that is your revolutions per min. If your faster one day on lvl 10 than you were on another you will burn more on the day you had faster revolutions
  • CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I got a question about heart rate. How high is too high while on the treadmill etc?
  • mrcconway
    Options
    It all depends on your age and if you have any heallth risks the best option is to ask your doctor
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!