Muscle cramps

Options
I woke up at 1 am this morning with my first ever muscle cramp in my left calf (happy birthday to me :laugh:). I remembered reading (in The Long Walk by Richard Bachman/Stephen King) that you need to message the muscle and breath deeply to oxiginate it, so I did that and the cramp let up pretty quickly. This morning the muscles still feel stiff. I tried to google muscle cramps before coming here and making myself look stupid, but it looks like I may be infected with some malware or something, because no matter what search results I click on, I keep getting redirected to the same ad. Anyhow, is it alright to work out today? I really don't want to exerience that again so I was thinking about just doing some yoga or something not too strenuous, and I would imagine that will help loosen the muscle up. I just want to make sure I'm not going to hurt myself. I honestly can't figure why I'd have a cramp now when I've never had one before; I've been eating at least one banana every day this week which is more than I generally have, so I shouldn't be more low on potassium than I usually am.

Replies

• yaryrosa
    yaryrosa Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have read that muscle cramps can happen if you are missing some minerals from your diet, like potassium. But I don't if it's true or not. I have only had cramps when I was pregnant, lol.

Maybe you can check your diet just to be sure you're doing well on your vitamins and minerals.

About the working out, well if you're too sore you could work around that muscle and let it rest for a bit. But I really don't think there would be any chance of injury... But, then again, Im not an expert.

Get well soon!