New here, need some friends!

Options
Hi everyone!
I'm sorta new to MFP, been here about 2 weeks. I have been wanting to lose weight for quite a while, and just never really made myself get into. I knew it wasn't gonna happen magically, but was just too lazy to put out the effort. I've made a lot of excuses for myself. But recently i had a talk with my sister, and the weight subject came up, as always.. She told me about this site, and we both decided to give it a go, and track our success together here, since we live in different states and can't do it in person.

Anyways, back to me! I'm 28, mommy of two awesome little boys (6 and 3). I was over 200 during both pregnancies, and they were both delivered by C-Section. So, I have that lovely, saggy/stretched belly with a small 'apron' ... I've done a few of the fad diets, some did not a thing, others worked, for a bit. I'm starting out here at 158, I would like to get down to 130 I think. I'm not really too sure on that yet, but that is what I put my goal as for now. I will have to reassess at some point as I get close.

Ok, so, back to the topic.. I need friends! The only person on my list right now is my sister. I'd really like to add a few so I don't feel so alone over here!

Thanks for your time!

Replies

• MissPatty584
    MissPatty584 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I realize my post is a little vague or off maybe.. I get nervous, I'm usually the shy type, and this sort of thing is new for me. I don't have a facebook, and just coming out and telling strangers things about myself is a little outside of my comfort zone. Sorry!
  • Csmart803
    Options
    Hello how are you,
    You didn't mention your name but my name is Capri and nice to meet your acquaintence, I am also in search of friends to keep me botivated thru out this journey, so I am here to be a friend as well lol.
  • Csmart803
    Options
    No problem no worry no pressure if you ever need an ear I'm here:smile:
  • cindergirl73
    Options
    Good luck and I will send you a friend request. Friends are important for weight loss. This site seems to have some awesome people on it. I joined only 3 days ago and it's my favorite weight loss site ever!
  • bf43005
    bf43005 Posts: 287
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on making this big step. Good for you! I'm Beckie, and you can feel free to add me. You can be as personal as you want, or don't want. It's about you being healthy and feeling good. And this is a great time to start when your kids are young to give them a great role model. Best of Luck!
  • HungryRainb0w
    Options
    I'm half-way through my weight-loss journey, and am always happy to add new friends for support and general nosiness : )
  • MissPatty584
    MissPatty584 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hello how are you,
    You didn't mention your name but my name is Capri and nice to meet your acquaintence, I am also in search of friends to keep me botivated thru out this journey, so I am here to be a friend as well lol.

Sorry about that! MY name is Patricia, but I generally go by Trish/Trisha.. I always hated 'Patty' (chubby as a kid and the Fatty Patty thing..) But from the day we met, my husband has called me Miss Patty and it has stuck with me- hence the screen name :happy:
  • njauatin
    njauatin Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Good luck with starting your journey, I realize that it is so much easier to do it with people who are motivating and have your best interest at heart. I'm sending you a friend request.
  • eleonorawander
    eleonorawander Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    My name is Eleonora, I'm 20 and I don't have lots of friends of MFP, so I will be glad to add you :)
    Good luck on your journey! : D : D
  • mrsjarvis11
    mrsjarvis11 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yay!
  • emrod83
    emrod83 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi Miss Patty! My name is Eva and I am also just starting out getting serious about losing weight. I sent you a request. =)

Everyone else is free to add me as well....the more motivation the better! =)
  • mrs_card
    mrs_card Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hello...I have been participating on MFP now for about 3 months...still learning the ropes of the site and now looking to expand my support team. I am going to send you a request. :)
  • emnpepper
    emnpepper Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm totally new - this is my first post (!) but I'm in Australia - no idea about the lbs - it's kgs here but I guess it's all about the same thing - weightvloss regardless of how we measure it....
  • MrsW214
    MrsW214 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hello All,
    I have used this program before on my phone and loved the way it worked but as with most things I start, I lost interest and stopped using it. I too have been wanting to lose weight for a while but have a really hard time getting serious and motivated about it. I just love food too much and hate exercising. But i'm back again (first day back) and this time I'm going to utilize the website more and hope it sticks. I would love to make some friends that are going to be helpful and motivational and will probably add all the people on this post. Thanks in advance for the friendships and support. Good luck to everyone.
  • suzysweetpea
    suzysweetpea Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am new too...need friends and advice
  • workkoutchick96
    Options
    Y'all can add me :)
  • Midnight1210
    Midnight1210 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I always say that the larger your support group the greater your motivation!

I personally thrive off the positive comments of MFPals and seeing their successes.
    Keeping MFPals motivated = keeping me motivated.

We are all here to help each other reach our goals and maintain them so anyone can add me! :bigsmile:
  • ritza4321
    Options
    Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :)
    I'm new here as well- from Myrtle Beach, SC!
    28 Years old- newly married- no kids- and ready to get this chub-a-lubb off! :)

Just thought I'd say Hi to everyone! :)

M*:bigsmile:
  • Tahneeleiper
    Options
    Hello, Im new ish and I am still looking for friends, so please anyone feel free to send me a request and I am in need of support and especially chatting!!! xx:wink:
  • Hunnib23
    Hunnib23 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Melissa and I'm new here too...well, sorta. I joined a few months ago but never kept with it and of course I've made no progress! :) I've been doing good so far this week but I know I need friends to help keep me motivated. I want to lose about 30 pounds and I get frustrated and discouraged because our can't happen fast enough. (however gaining weight was a breeze, right?)

when I first joined I thought I could do it myself, and I've gotten better about working out. when I wasn't seeing results I decided tip log what I ate one day being 100% honest with myself and was mortified. I have been eating fast food, or unhealthy foods 3 meals a day. Eating healthy has always been hard for me, although this week I'm doing pretty good.

It seems the moment I do see results I fall into my old habits of unhealthy eating.