It's actually working!

Options
I don't own a scale right now, so usually my method of seeing whether I'm losing weight or not is to stand in front of the mirror with my shirt up and ask my boyfriend if I look skinnier (and obviously, how reliable is his answer?).

but today at my gym there was a scale staring me down. I almost didn't have the guts to get on it for fear it would say I hadn't lost anything, but it said I've lost 8 1/2 pounds! It's only been 6 1/2 weeks so I'm pretty stoked. And I'm only four pounds away from what I weighed in high school TEN YEARS AGO!

Replies

• Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo!!! Good for you!!
  • debbiesuefa2000
    debbiesuefa2000 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good for you. It sounds like we have the same wieght loss goals except I'm about 20 years older. What is your secret?
    Deb
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    I don't own a scale right now, so usually my method of seeing whether I'm losing weight or not is to stand in front of the mirror with my shirt up and ask my boyfriend if I look skinnier (and obviously, how reliable is his answer?).

:laugh: I thought this was hilarious! Good method!

Congrats on the loss!
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    wow, that is great, i wish i could stay away from the scale for a while, maybe i will now. thanks
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    haha I just can't stay off the scale. Congrats on your great accomplishment!
  • bettersusan
    bettersusan Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Yea for you!!!! Great job and congratulations!
  • linzismith
    linzismith Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    wow, that is great, i wish i could stay away from the scale for a while, maybe i will now. thanks

yeah, previously when I've been dieting i weighed myself every day. I felt like i needed the motivation of knowing it was working. turns out it also works in the reverse.

but i recently moved to south korea and haven't bought one yet. i actually went out to get one one day and then chickened out--and I'm glad i did. each time I do get a chance to weigh myself (which has only been twice) I'm shocked at the weight loss.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!