I don't eat clean, and I love it.

Options
Protein powder
Fish Oils
Green Tea Extract
Creatine
Flax Seed Oil
BCAAs

The above aren't considered eating clean, or paleo for that matter, and there are plenty more that don't qualify as well which are good for you. You don't need to name your diet to achieve weight loss or LBM gains, just eat healthy.

Replies

• tinytoyjess
    tinytoyjess Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I don't do any one category of diet 100% of the time either. I find it to be an unrealistic expectation for myself. Promising myself that I am *only* going to eat ABDC for all of eternity is just setting myself up for failure.
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    hahah i agree I do not like when people put that after taking those pills or supplements. Eating clean means eating a nice balanced portion as well as getting the right amount of nutrients in the body (follow the dang food pyramid haha). I also do not like when people say that "oh I worked out for an hr, therefore that gives me the excuse to eat whatever I want" What are you getting out of doing that, absolutely nothing!! you are only hurting yourself.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Your diet is distinctly lacking in Pop Tarts.
  • Angie__1MR
    Angie__1MR Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Protein powder
    Fish Oils
    Green Tea Extract
    Creatine
    Flax Seed Oil
    BCAAs

The above aren't considered eating clean, or paleo for that matter, and there are plenty more that don't qualify as well which are good for you. You don't need to name your diet to achieve weight loss or LBM gains, just eat healthy.

You forgot donuts, apple fritters, and other pastries.
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options

Nah - Toaster Strudel, they are hot and come with frosting.
  • Solosesso
    Solosesso Posts: 103 Member
    Options

True! Half a box of toaster strudel, that's what I call a great breakfast! =D (heh, I wish!)
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I don't do any one category of diet 100% of the time either. I find it to be an unrealistic expectation for myself. Promising myself that I am *only* going to eat ABDC for all of eternity is just setting myself up for failure.

I agree!! Some people can and do eat {blank} and are fine with it. But - I like to go out to dinner and have a steak and beer and I don't want to feel guilty about that! As long as you eat healthy and it works for *you* what does it matter. But I totally agree that those "diets" can be a recipe for disaster.
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Protein powder
    Fish Oils
    Green Tea Extract
    Creatine
    Flax Seed Oil
    BCAAs

You forgot donuts, apple fritters, and other pastries.

Those are for refeeds and carb loading days, might have 1 tomorrow! :laugh: :tongue:
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I must get me a semi-naked profile pic, it would give me SO much more credibility ...
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I must get me a semi-naked profile pic, it would give me SO much more credibility ...

how YOU doin?
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options

Noo, toaster scramblers....bacon.....yum.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I don't know; your current pic is quite classy. Especially the combination of the pipe and the wine talk.
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options

I dunno - isn't that Terry Thomas you've got there? I'd take his advice.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Really informative post, thanks for sharing
  • Eleisabelle
    Options
    I am quite a foodie. If I had to give up the wonderful variety of foods in the world in order to be healthy, I'd be depressed all the time. Amazingly, I have been able to keep healthy and enjoy eating the foods I love, cook more fresh foods, and not feel like I'm being deprived. And I'm getting more and more healthy by the day. I love it!
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options

ERMAHGERD, I miss those things... haven't had one (or four) in like 10 years. So salty and delicious. I am eagerly awaiting the advent of gluten-free toaster scrambles.

And if anyone can show me that they DO exist already, I'm not sure if I'll hug or shank you, so proceed with caution.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options

Oh yum indeed. I could dive into one of those and eat my way out.
  • hkevans724
    hkevans724 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    javascript:add_smiley('laugh','post_body'):bigsmile:

Yes indeed... Toaster Strudel is way gooder :bigsmile:
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options

ERMAHGERD, I miss those things... haven't had one (or four) in like 10 years. So salty and delicious. I am eagerly awaiting the advent of gluten-free toaster scrambles.

And if anyone can show me that they DO exist already, I'm not sure if I'll hug or shank you, so proceed with caution.

This is something I also desperately need to know.
  • emnpepper
    emnpepper Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've lost 5kg in 4weeks since using MFP but I am still drinking and smoking socially - it's surely all about balance??? My first time posting tonight - it's weird, (are any Aussies reading this) we seem to be a lot more relaxed diet wise? Happy to be attacked- please USA losing weight seems like a massive culture wave? Responses(Inc negative welcome)