Temptation everywhere..

Options
How does everyone cope who has a spouse who is not trying to loose weight?

Replies

• mekutataki
    Options
    I am not sure, it depends if they are supporting you in your quest to loose weight or not. my husband doesn't eat fruits and veggies which makes it hard for me as my son has followed his example and we are "stuck" with a lot of carbs and proteins. Maybe making small changes in portion size (for you) and letting your spouse know how you feel, that their support matters, that can help. I wish you luck!
  • shortybb26
    shortybb26 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks, My husband does not like veggies either and is really picky about healthy foods.I'm trying to ease him into it. At least when we eat together. I fear your situation regarding your son. I do not have kids yet (actively trying) but I want them to have a healthy outlook on food and be open to new things. Especially with my early childhood backround I have seen how difficult it can be for some parents when a child is not open to healthy food. It is hard because I think he forgets or something.. and with me reminding him I don't want to sound "naggy" but eating potato chips and ice cream is not ok in front of me.
  • mekutataki
    Options
    I simply don't keep that stuff in the house, or I hide it from plain view. I find we forget it is there when it isn't in the open for all to see. My major concern is that I have a 10 year old sister and a 19 yr old sister, and both are overweight (the 10 yr old and I wear the same size clothes!). I was overweight from the time was in 4th-5th grade on, and all the women (and my father) struggle with their weight. I see my husband's family struggle too and I fear for his overall health as i cannot in my current condition (health wise) spend time outside with him during the day or keep up with him unless we are in the house (where he can't "escape") into certain doom. It just seems like the cards are stacked against the poor kid genetically, and that worries me considerably.