Can I loose 30 lbs before college?

Options
2»

Replies

• fanipack
    fanipack Posts: 28
    Options
    LOG EVERYTHING YOU EAT !! Logging half of what you eat is good as useless. Tracking my caloric intake has been key to my weight loss journey.

I'd start by reading this : http://www.reddit.com/help/faqs/Fitness#Diet

It's got tons of useful information that has helped me through my life style change. I'm down 60lbs since October 2011 and have struggled everyday but have never given up. Just remember that no matter how hard it gets , to NEVER GIVE UP.

As far as my personal experience , I've found that cutting out processed foods and eating "whole" foods has allowed me to eat at a caloric deficit while still remaining somewhat full. Ultimately it's all about finding what works for the individual , try things out and see what works for yourself. Just remember it's a life style change !

Good Luck !
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Just remember that no matter how hard it gets , to NEVER GIVE UP.
    Exactly. Eating too much pizza on the weekend isn't failure. Quitting and giving up is failure. You don't have to be perfect, just do the right things way more often than bad things. I think it actually gets easier. I'm tempted to eat junk food just as much as always but with continued practice saying "No" it gets easier and easier to say no the next time.

I'm trying out Intermittent fasting for a couple of weeks. Not eating food except between 2 pm and 10 pm. Do I feel a little hungry right now? Sure, but my body gets food when I say it does and only the type and amount of food I let it. Once you get your mind wrapped around that and get past that mental hurdle you can do whatever you want.

Plan your meals ahead of time. That helps more than anything that I've done in the past.
  • blinkiii
    blinkiii Posts: 90
    Options
    Thanks guys!!
    I have noticed that logging is making everything a lot easier in a way. i don't think I ever really realized how many calories I was taking in on average each day!

And that is fantastic advice about planning my meals ahead of time! I will definitely have to start doing that! (: