Daily Sugar Allottment

Options
31 grams per day....really? Is this what one should have at the very most per day? Ugh, I go over my allottment daily!! With the amount of sugar added to your everyday foods, plus sugars in fruit, and of course my beloved chocolate, I find myself going over a decent amount every day.

Is this a problem with anyone else or am I just that much of a sugar addict?

Replies

• AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    I can't find anything that says how much total sugar is ok to eat. Everything I've read just says added sugar is bad and to limit it to less than what MPF gives you -- about 20g or so for women I think it was.

Even without candy, treats and the like my sugar was way, way over the MFP limit because of all of the whole grains and fruit I was eating and the majority seemed to think that was fine because it was "good" sugar and not to track it. But the amount of sugar was pretty shocking to me. It's a non-issue now because I'm following a low carb, high fat diet and my sugar falls naturally around MFP's recommendations without extra effort but I think sugar is a problem for most people -- or not a problem depending on how they think.
  • heliumheels
    heliumheels Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I go over my sugar limit everyday. In fact, it's only noon and I've already surpassed it. Definitely an issue for me as well.
  • magerz18
    magerz18 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Same here... I don't think there has been a single day I did not go over. However, I've lost over 40lbs eating over my sugar allowance, so I'm not too worried. Mind you though - I do not eat excessive sugar and although I do go over its never by a substantial amount. Good Luck!
  • JodyPellissey
    Options
    I always go over as well ... and usually by lunch time. This is due in large part to fruit and other healthy items. I think if you can keep the processed sugary stuff to a limit ... then you are just fine!