trouble losing wieght

Options
Hi Y'all
I'm 28 yrs old mother of 4 ..I have lost half the weight I wanted to lose.. now I'm having trouble losing the other half ..I am a very healthy eater and I workout every day with changing my routine 3 times a week I also like to push myself .. I dont know what I am doing wrong.. I have lost 7 inches in 4 months I'm just not losing weight .. anything to suggestions?

Replies

• Jauryn
    Jauryn Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You should share your diary; would be easier to see if it's a dietary issue. How many calories are you eating each day?
  • Licialoulou82
    Licialoulou82 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hmmm....plateaus are common, mine will hit me in about 15 pounds or so (trust me, I know haha!) From what I have learned, THIS is the time to not give up and KEEP PUSHING, stay on track. Make sure your calorie intake is correct and includes your workout and new weight (you may need more/less calories).
    I have also heard that the body just needs time to adjust throughout this weight loss journey and staying on track and waiting it out will bring awesome results!! Don't be discouraged!!
  • Lazygal53
    Lazygal53 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hmmm....plateaus are common, mine will hit me in about 15 pounds or so (trust me, I know haha!) From what I have learned, THIS is the time to not give up and KEEP PUSHING, stay on track. Make sure your calorie intake is correct and includes your workout and new weight (you may need more/less calories).
    I have also heard that the body just needs time to adjust throughout this weight loss journey and staying on track and waiting it out will bring awesome results!! Don't be discouraged!!

This ^^^
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    You are doing nothing wrong if you are losing inches. Scales don't tell the whole picture.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    You are doing nothing wrong if you are losing inches. Scales don't tell the whole picture.

Yep. Look at your dress size or just look in the mirror. Your weight doesn't tell you much at all about how much healthier and trimmer you're looking.
  • ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    Options

So much this. The scale has been a terrible indicator for progress and success for me.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    7 inches IS progress!! That's wonderful! Don't obsess about the numbers on the scale! Strength training with heavy weights is a great plateau buster. Up your protein, pump some iron. Make sure you're getting enough calories....eat more to weigh less really does work!
  • swarrick83
    swarrick83 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone .. I set my diary is public now .. I just started MFP about a week ago .. thanks again for your comments