Celebrate the journey

Options
cinsuccess
cinsuccess Posts: 333 Member
I see many posts requesting help with motivation. We all know that motivation comes from within but sometimes it is hard to keep the spark lit when you don't see the scale moving. I'm not yet at my UGW. I've actually been on a plateau for the past 2 months due to surgery, but I've decided to celebrate my progress wherever I find it. I'm going to embrace myself and revel in each accomplishment rather than focus on how far I have left to go.

Negativity breeds negativity and positivity breeds positvity. Take a moment today and tell yourself something positive. It doesn't have to be big, it doesn't have to involve the scale... we all have little achievements every day. This week, I was in a meeting with a big platter of muffins. I resisted the temptation and just continued sipping my water. I celebrated my determination and the progress I've made with my impulse eating. Sometimes it's the small successes that really matter the most. :heart:

What are you proud of? What have you acheived that you can celebrate? It's time to celebrate those achievements and be proud!! :drinker:

Replies

• Kamnikar64
    Kamnikar64 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Passing on a muffin is pretty big. I went shopping with my daughters (13 and 21) and bought a medium sleeveless shirt; it fit so I bought it. Weds I actually wore it to work. I was so happy. The weight is moving slowly, but my body is changing and I can see my collar bones all the time.
  • skinnynerd
    skinnynerd Posts: 110
    Options
    I'm proud I exercise every day. I could not have said that three months ago. I could never find the "time." I finally figured out I needed to make the time. I make the time for everything I else I want to do so why not exercise. Now, I find myself telling people that they will have to wait because I need to exercise first. I'm puttin me first!
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    A huge celebration occured for me after losing the first 30 lbs. I was out walking with my daughter and two grandsons, ages 3 and 2. The weather took a sudden turn, as it often does in this area, and the rain started coming down. My daughter offered to let me take cover while she went for the car. I declined, picked up the two year old and said, "I think we can make it." Well, we made it. Just as we got to the car my daughter said, "You realize he weighs 30 lbs?" Wow! He felt quite heavy after the three-block dash to the car. Imagine! I used to carry that much extra weight every place I went.
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Great post, you have to keep positive I completely agree.

While I was visiting with my kids we ate out and had pizza and I managed to stay within 300 calories of my goal each day. I am proud of that not proud of all the sodium I took in but that will flush out in time. We had pizza and I only had 3 pieces instead of 5 or 6. We had Carls Jr and I opted for a grilled chicken sandwich instead of a double western cheesburger and we had Jack in the box and I had a chicken fajita pita instead of a ultimate cheesburger. I did eat fries instead of side salads but hey its baby steps plus I knew I would come in under calories.
  • cinsuccess
    cinsuccess Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Great stories everyone!! Thank you so much for sharing your successes with me. :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!