Reached goal of 108 lbs...

Options
Last week I reached my goal of 108 lbs (I'm short) but have now changed it to 106. (I want to lose 2 more because I'm taking into account my customary 2 lbs of monthly weight-gain each month.)
It's taken me a year and a half to lose 55 lbs, so I'm thinking that it's going to be difficult for me to get my brain out of "losing" mode once I hit 106. Losing the weight has been such a HUGE part of my life for so long now. It has taken some major dedication.

Does it sound crazy that I'm going to miss losing weight??? It's just been really fun reaching the many goals that I've set for myself along the way. Maintaining doesn't sound as exciting. ("Wow... I stayed at 106 lbs this week"... ) I'm going to miss the thrill of losing... the incredible feeling of accomplishment.

Once at 106, I plan to continue to work out every day. (Something that I've grown to love.) I do cardio 7 days a week, and weight-training 2-3. It's a huge, wonderful, healthy part of my life. (and it does wonders for depression... in which I no longer have a problem with. I was even able to go off of my medication for it.)

Has anyone else felt let-down once you reached your goal-weight? If so, I would love to hear about it. (about how you dealt with it.) I guess that maybe I'll have to come up with some other way/ways to feel "accomplished".
I'm a volunteer CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate for Children) and I feel really good about helping the children from my cases, but that's not the same great feeling as reaching a weight-loss goal. I also have 4 incredible children, but again, I'm going to miss the "thrill".

Any advice will be welcomed. Thank you!

Lisa

Replies

• ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I can't relate to feeling "let down once you've met your goal." It's a huge accomplishment and a lot of work and I'll be thrilled to attain my goal. Congrats!
  • kasuki
    kasuki Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Congrats on reaching your goal. Your next goal and long term goal is maintance and that is no easy task. It still takes work and dedication to stay at your goal weight. I have been in maintance mode for
    1 1/2 years and I find it harder then losing weight because there is a fine line between losing more weight and gaining weight. It took me a couple of months to find the right balance of calories as I kept losing weight even when I didn't want to. It kinda scared me when I kept losing weight ,but now I have found the right balance and I am one happy camper. I still log every day even after all this time as it keeps me on track.
    Karen
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Congrats that is such a wonderful accomplishment. Think of mantaining as playing a new game (very familier but with a change of rules.) :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Kpablo
    Kpablo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! That is so great.

I kind of know what your talking about, although I'm not at my goal weight. I think of myself being at 115, and get a little sad I'm saying goodbye to my fat. I mean, it's always been with me. I'm letting something go that has stuck with my for 8 years!

But, then I think about losing all my extra flab, and am very happy I'm finally getting my big butt in gear.
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I've never been even close to my goal weight.. but I would imagine it would be strange to have to let go of that struggle with weight I've always had (of course strange in a GOOD way). But if you just like the challenge, why don't you find new fitness challenges to meet? You can work on traning for a race or something so you'll be challenged all the time. There is plenty of fitness goals you can go for.

BTW - congratulations on reaching your goal!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Good job! Stay focused on maintainance BUT find another challenge to keep your life exciting! Do a fitness challenge that will keep the weight off and kick the happy endorphins in high gear!! Best wishes to ya and once again great job!!!
  • 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options
    Congratulations to you! I'm very excited for you! Can't wait to be able to say the same! Although mine will be 174 instead of 108. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • LisaLGK
    Options
    You're all so sweet, and so inspiring... I can't thank you enough for your heart-felt comments. I'm very glad to have found this site. (big hugs to all of you)

Lisa
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!