Some advice on mindset...

Options
When you get stressed/angry/upset/overwhelemed with work/family/home/partner how do you keep from giving in?

Sorry for the vauge question but Im feeling a bit weighed down by stuff, I know that I have to take care of myself (whether that s working out or taking time to have a bath) but I'm finding it hard to accept that I'm nobody elses prioity.

Replies

• Dhemeyer
    Dhemeyer Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you're really having a hard time right now... I hope things turn around soon. Until they do, treat yourself how you want others to treat you. It's clear that you already understand this concept and perhaps even practice it. On the other hand, when it's possible ask for what you need from the people you need it from.
    I wish I had better advice... I guess I just wanted to let you know that someone was listening :)
    Best wishes.
  • educatyion
    educatyion Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yes, these moments happen and hopefully will past for you soon. What always helps when I'm feeling spent, is to watch a couple of minutes of comedy off of youtube (Chris Rock, Katt Williams, Katt Williams, Cedric, etc). The best though is blasting your favorite tunes and dancing your heart out for the 5-10 minutes that you need it. Try it and best wishes!
  • cask16
    cask16 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thanks both, i appreciate your advice and I know you're both right.
    I suspect I need to take a step back more often and absolutley learn to ask for help. I know I'm rubbish at that - I seem to think that any form of confrontation (like explaining that Im not getting the help I need) is the worst thing in the world and must be avoided at all costs).

I shall try!
  • katin1
    katin1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    as they say on the airplane,..place the your oxygen mask first before trying to assist anyone else....it makes sense,but it's hard to put ourselves first. if we found that easy, we wouldn't be in this situation in the first place. be important to you. you never know who you're motivating.