Anyone take Biotin and Omega 3 fish oil

Options
Hi,
I wasnt sure what section to put this under but I read on here awhile back that these two supplements together help a few different things, hair, nails, skin and also help speed up metabolism. I just bought some and it does say on the bottle of biotin promotes carbohydrate, fat and energy metabolism. Anyone take these two together? What side effects did you have? I also read it can casue break outs which I do NOT WANT TO DEAL WITH. I dont know how this can be if it is suppsoed to help skin?? Anyway any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have taken these together but took them together because I take fish oil every day anyway. I stopped taking the biotin because it caused some major constipation. Disclaimer though, I am very sensitive to certain meds and supplements and get constipated easy.
  • elm2008
    elm2008 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I take biotin and a B vitamin together. I do think they work as far as skin, hair, and nails but there are too many other factors in my life to say if it aids in metabolism. I did notice that I break out from biotin if I do not drink a lot of water. My skin glows if I stay hydrated.
  • sjeagle30
    sjeagle30 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input! I will be sure to drinks lots of water if I continue to take these. How many MG do you take per day of each?
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    i take biotin and fish oil together/
    hair is good nails good. skin good. as for my metabolism etc i can't really tell. still fat so ..... fail?

no side effects though. and my doctor didn't say anything was wrong with my taking them together.
  • elm2008
    elm2008 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    i take 1000 mcg
  • xoyasminxo
    xoyasminxo Posts: 132
    Options
    I take both of these at breakfast. I haven't been taking them for long enough (3wks) to tell you of the results. No breakouts so far. I always drink a lot of water and green tea too all day (as someone mentioned). I alternate fish oil and flax oil pills.
  • brmoore8
    Options
    I have been taking biotin and a 3-6-9 fish oil a while. I have been doing the fish oil complex and just about 4 months ago I added the boitin. I haven't noticed any side effects but I also haven't noticed any assistance with weight loss. They seem to help with skin and nails. May be they will work for you. Good luck.
  • flslp87
    flslp87 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have been taking both of these together w/ many other vitamins, including B12, and have a lot more energy then I used to. I only take 1000 of fish oil and 500 of biotin and so far no side effects. I have not been sick for 3 years (knock on wood) and just had all my blood work done and all my numbers were amazing....
  • sjeagle30
    sjeagle30 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your input!!