Why am I not sore after working out?

Options
2»

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    if you want to feel sore after a workout, just hit yourself with a hammer.
    otherwise, you're fine.
  • itsmarcel
    itsmarcel Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    P.S. Don't stretch before you workout unless you had a warmup first, thats like pulling a rubber band thats been in a freezer. Don't chase the soreness, sometimes you just don't have it and that happens when lifting sometimes. If you miss the soreness then id put more weight into your exercises and take shorter break periods. Hope this helps!

Jesse Short
    ISSA Certified Personal Trainer

Agreed. I personally warm up by performing the exercise at lighter weight but not enough to tire myself out for my first set. Just enough to warm up the muscles.

I don't get sore the day after working out. Usually DOMS hits me two days later and I don't always get it. It doesn't necessarily mean that I had a poor workout either.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Because you're just THAT good.............
  • onikonor
    onikonor Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    if you want to feel sore after a workout, just hit yourself with a hammer.
    otherwise, you're fine.

LOL then I won't feel sore I will feel pain
  • onikonor
    Options
    Because you're just THAT good.............

I'm actually pretty bad which is why I'm asking lol
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    Go heavier.
  • RuthSenz
    RuthSenz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes if you are accustomed to the same exercise, you won't get sore, or nearly as sore as when you started out. I know what you mean though, that soreness kinda makes you proud of yourself. But switch things up and you will feel it again.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Good question, OP, I have been wondering this myself. I have been seeing a trainer 2 times a week for 14 months, and there are definitely some days after my sessions where I really don't feel sore, and I had the same question as you. Good to see it is normal! And judging by my clothing, it's working despite no muscle soreness at times.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the issue....DOMS means nothing really
  • onikonor
    Options
    I don't understand the issue....DOMS means nothing really

First of all nice picture.

From the responses on here sounds like I was wrong to judge effectiveness with DOMS.