Chalean Starting.... Want to see others successes!

Options
Hey all, i am starting Chalean Extreme in a week and a half, and just finished Insanity. Wanting to see some real life results from other fellow mfpers!

I am already in fairly good shape, and content with my weight and so am working at losing some percentage of body fat and seeing more definition then i got in a single round of insanity...

Any tips hints, and especially success pics would be appreciated! Help motivate me more then i already am!

Replies

• JodaNord
    JodaNord Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    What? No ones done this program?

C'mon people, I am looking for your thoughts and experiences in one place instead of all the many i find when i hit search!
  • cynpony
    cynpony Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am not a beachbody coach...and I have done ChaLEAN Extreme. It was lots of fun, and I found I love lifting weights! It made me feel...so...STRONG. I went from 144 to 130'ish when I did it, and added about 6 pounds of muscle (ectomorphic body type - I am never going to be bulky).

I think you will really enjoy it - my absolute favorites were the push series (2nd month)- go heavy!) It will add definition to your muscles, and really it did wonders for my scrawny backend.

My husband is about to start it again.
  • JodaNord
    JodaNord Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Sweet, i plan an going heavey as i can, as i want the definition. I won't get bulky, but i would rather see muscle then soft on me at the moment....
  • sarah692
    sarah692 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am not a beachbody coach...and I have done ChaLEAN Extreme. It was lots of fun, and I found I love lifting weights! It made me feel...so...STRONG. I went from 144 to 130'ish when I did it, and added about 6 pounds of muscle (ectomorphic body type - I am never going to be bulky).

I think you will really enjoy it - my absolute favorites were the push series (2nd month)- go heavy!) It will add definition to your muscles, and really it did wonders for my scrawny backend.

My husband is about to start it again.

What weights would you recommend for a woman? I'm looking at a set that goes up to 20 lbs each, but would that be too light for the push phase?
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    You want pictures, take a look.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/676303-what-a-difference-20lbs-makes

I recommend your top weight to be 25lbs. Your goal "really" is to lift to exhaustion 6-8 or 10-12 reps.