Just had my FIRST protein shake ever...

Options
2»

Replies

• ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    it's just protein...

I've heard so many horror stories though about them tasting AWFUL! I was lied to :laugh:

ITS TRUE...isopure is disgusting but it's lactose free and low in sugar. sigh. the problems that come with being lactose intolerant.

I had to choke down a tub of mango peach isopure. OMG so nasty
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I was drinking whey protein powder and it was going fine. It tasted good. Then one day I drank it and it caused me to throw up. I thought it had gone bad, so I returned it. I bought another one and it made me throw up. I tried another brand, I threw up. I guess I developed an intolerance of some kind to whey protein. It causes me to throw up. Yuck! Probably an anomaly.

I bought Precision Natural Vegetarian Protein Powder a couple days ago and it is much better for me. I'm so relieved not to throw up.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I consider myself spoiled now, compared to the protein shakes we gagged down in the 70s and 80s! Those things tasted like chalk and powdered milk mixed with unsweetened cocoa powder and maybe some sand thrown in for texture...didn't mix worth a dang so you got nice, big dry clumps as you drank them....yummm. Maybe that's why I'm not so picky about my protein powder nowadays! :bigsmile: