Do you work out on vacation?

Options
2»

Replies

• manhn1
    manhn1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Yes. My eating may not be ideal (understatement!) but I will do everything in my power to get in my exercise (at least the cardio portion).

If I am staying in a hotel, I will make sure they have a gym. But I will also make sure there is a nearby gym with a guest pass in case my hotel's gym sucks, they lied on their website, or their gym is "undergoing renovations.".

However, I was in San Fran for a few days a few weeks ago, and I ran outside. SF has so many different neighbourhoods, So I made it a point to run for about 30-40 minutes in a different neighbourhood that I wouldn't otherwise be able to see, bring with me a 10 dollar bill so I can buy a cup of coffee at one of SF's many hip coffee joints (OMG, Philz Coffee!!!), and I would walk back to the hotel.

If I stay with friends/family, I would just leave the house in the morning and I workout at a nearby gym. In San Jose, the YMCA do not provide guest passes, which was a first for me. I was not happy. However, most of the private gyms had gym passes (for a hefty fee, of course).

As well, I tend to explore and walk everywhere when I travel. But I don't count that as my formal exercise. It's a nice bonus.

I would like to try a cardio class/boot camp in some of my travels just to see how they differ from my own hometown, but besides Seattle (yay, Community Fitness!) I haven't bee able to do so due to time constraints and if I'm holiday, it's a holiday for the business too.
  • mwcraig34
    mwcraig34 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Nope I have three kids to chase around so I dont really worry about it. Our vacations usually have a lot of walking and beach time swimming. Thats is why I'm on vacation so I dont have to think about any thing but my family and our time together.