Weekly calories

Options
I'm a bit up and down on my daily calories this week, and will probably be next week as well. I'm just wondering if I will gain weight if I go over one day, but under the next. Can you take back the calories from the day before?

Replies

• bohonomad
    bohonomad Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You can space things out over a couple days, You can't really gain a pound of fat within a day but I wouldn't go super crazy.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    You can't really gain a pound of fat within a day

Why not?
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Since I tend to do that a lot (eat more on one day, less the next), I just make sure that I break even by the end of the week. I've done this for quite awhile and it works great for me.
  • joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    as long as you are under more days than you are over, especially over a weeks time or more, you should continue to lose weight. just try not to go overboard with eating extra calories one day because you were really under the day before or vice versa.
  • holly3585
    holly3585 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I struggeled with this A LOT. I eat way more on the weekends. No ifs, ands or buts about it....I eat more on the weekends.....average it out over the week. You have to plan though, or else it is easy to make everyday a 'high'day! Honestly I would struggle so much, be SO disapointed in myself every Monday...now I keep my goal the same (1500 + exercise cal's everyday) but on Sat, Sun. I 'allow' myself to go over by a total of 1000 calories! It is like a party every weekend!! If one day is super dooper bad then I just force myself on target the other one, but usually I average 500 over goal each day, so Monday- Friday I hit about 200 UNDER each day. This evens out to a steady 1500 per day Net calories, but I get to ENJOY drinks and treats EVERY weekend, and then I focus, focus, focus on the weekdays. I know everyone is different, and I am sure there are a lot of people that would shutter to hear my approach...but it works for me! My only other advice is to LOG everything! Every sip, each nibble, EVERYTHING!

Good Luck!
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    i do this all the time and its absolutely fine. I use the weekly graph on my iphone that shows the calories and as long as it works out over the weekly average that i was on track then its fine to have up and down days
  • smilesformiles88
    smilesformiles88 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks a bunch! :happy:
  • noahsmommie
    noahsmommie Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    When I did WW, people used to post on the message boards about this very thing. There was a school of thought that supported varying the number of calories that you eat in a day, so long as you stay under you weekly goal. The premise is that your when your body gets used to the same number of calories per day that you are more likely to plateau.