fat flush....

Options
Has anyone tried this or know of anyone who has tried this??? I have a friend who has lost alot of weight on this... I don't know a whole lot about it..... any imput on this would be much appreciated... Thanks!!

Replies

• ahickman
    Options
    Never heard of it, what is it?
  • Philde04
    Philde04 Posts: 160
    Options
    I'm not exactly sure.... there is a book about it.... all I know is that he did it and lost 11 lbs in 2 weeks on it.... just wondering if anyone else has heard of it or knows anything about it...
  • rachelmommy1
    Options
    I've heard of a "saltwater flush" but it doesn't get rid of fat, it's like a colonic. I use this occasionaly because of my digestive issues, but it's not for weight loss.

Anyone that tells you you can lose weight without exercise and without changing to a HEALTHY diet is full of crap. Just my 2 cents. I've tried alot of stuff and the only time i've ever gotten results is working out for an hour every day (usually walking) and cleaning up my eating ie no junk and lots of veggies.

It's tempting I know and people say all the time "I lost 14lb in 14 days! But it's hoo-ey.

Just stick with it, you'll do great!!!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it either.

However, when I hear terms like "flush" and "detox" in the context of weight loss, terms like "temporary", "scam" and "not a good idea" pop into my head.

We all make our own choices, but ask your self if this weight loss program is sustainable for the rest of your life. If it's not, you're just setting yourself up for more frustration down the road.
  • ahickman
    Options
    Yeah I dont know if I would do it or not, watch what you eat and exercise is the key. most the time you do those " so called diets" you loose water weight thats it, nothing more, and then you gain it back so y even mess with it.
  • dendra7
    dendra7 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have Fat Flush'd many times. It is true, you definitely lose some water weight. But since the water weight does 'bloat' you up- it is worth getting rid of. Fat Flush helps get out the crud that keeps your liver from properly metabolizing fat out of your system. So, despite what others have said on here- it is NOT a quick fix. It's a lifestyle. It involves REAL food and REAL exercise and sleep too. It helped me discover a dairy allergy I never, ever realized I had! It has 3 phases, the first is only 2 weeks and that's where it is mostly the 'bloat', (great for getting in to a dress really quick!!).

Does it work? Yes. Follow it strictly and move to Phase 2 after the first 2 weeks. Phase 1 is uber strict.

Is it easy? Not at first. You will fight the sugar demons for a couple days and then you feel AWESOME. She has a new book out about 'Fat Flush for Life' (I think) that focuses on changing it up with the seasons.

Watch my blog- I'm started Phase 1 this am and started craving dang cherry sours at 2 pm!!! We'll see how it goes and if anyone wants to join me.

Good Luck!!