Help my coffee addiction!

Options
2»

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I started measuring my Coffee Mate. . . 3 teaspoons = 30 calories. I drink two cups in the morning and the taste of my coffee is something I really look forward to. I decided that 60 calories for that much pleasure was worth it.
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    If you go folger or maxwell house regular roast and only 1 table spoon of coffee per 2 cups you will find it is the only way to drink it black most people make it to stronge or a strong roast. And that is why many need the creamers and sugars. :drinker:

No offense to the responder here, who was clearly trying to be helpful, but if you're used to dark-roasted, fresh, whole-bean coffee that's been ground within seconds of the water hitting it, you will gag at anything that comes out of a can from the grocer. So don't waste your money on that if you are.

I'd follow the advice of the many posters here who suggest trying weaning down from your full-fat creamer. Get a pint of whole milk and start by mixing it with your creamer, gradually lessening the creamer over several days. Then move on to 2%, then 1% -- as far as you can go without feeling like you've moved onto something you can't stomach. Unsweetened almond milk is quite delicious in coffee, but has fairly low fat, so you might do better to get used to lower fat cow's milk before you go there. I've never tried coconut milk in coffee, but I have a can of the lite variety in the cupboard and may try that tomorrow morning!

I must say that I also agree with the poster who said she just sucks it up when it comes to coffee -- she's gotta have it and it's worth the calories! That's me ... :-)
  • mekutataki
    Options
    Well I tried only one TBSP (I actually measured it) and discovered that it's not quite enough. I added a second. Much better. I may need to adjust how dark I make my coffee, right now I use 5 scoops per pot, will try 4 tomorrow... Thanks for the help! I will look into maybe some almond milk or something. My son gets lactaid milk and maybe that will help. I want to not use any sugar is my goal as the creamer has plenty in it, I don't need to add to it. Will see how tomorrow goes.

:bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • mekutataki
    Options
    Well, I have cut down to 2 measured tbsp of creamer, and i tried only 4 scoops/pot of coffee. That's 4 scoops is not for me, it tasted little more than colored water. So looks like 5 scoops/pot and 2 tbsp creamer it is. Will just have to suck it up and enjoy my coffee!
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I use creamer, sometimes I use cinnamon. It tastes great and smells very fall-ish. Instant mood booster. Try it!