SBF2 Reboot Boogaloo! week of Nov 2

Options
2»

Replies

• cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Arianne! How exciting to see you! :heart: It sounds like you have been very busy - especially moving to another state. And that is wonderful news about your father-in-law.

Maybe you can give me some running tips. :wink: I am off to run extra hard for V. I'm glad your cough is improving - I hate those so much. But 30% out sick? Wow. At least you don't have to feel like it's only you. Also, I was working from home very late last night and didn't do my pushups... so I'll have to do those at home tonight once I get finished running. Whee!

It occurred to me this morning when I was looking at my profile that all my pics are old. I think I need to get some newer ones up there.

Welcome back boogaloo!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Arianne! Yaaaaaay! Welcome back (and that is all great news, so good about your fil)

In other good news, I appear to be approaching normal. So normal that I'm a bit guilty for canceling teaching tomorrow. (but I do keep having coughing fits whenever I talk, so that's probably bad guilt right there.) I'm trying to work on the bad guilt as of late. . .

Thanks for running extra hard for me, cp.:wink:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    I'm posting again. I'm addicted what can I say?

Arianne, it's so good to see you! :smooched: We've missed you! That is awesome news about your father in law!

I didn't work out today because my day was a work out. I exercised Mon-Tues, but I was not sore yesterday. Today my butt has been SO SORE! It hurts to sit! I guess it's a good thing but it has made it hard to get much done today. My back is sore too.
    I couldn't figure out why I was itching all afternoon, all over. I thought I was having an allergic reaction to the tent or something. No, I have mosquito bites all over my arms, chest, and back! It's November! Die already bugs!
    Also I'm sure you all heard about the mass shooting at Ft. Hood. It's so sad. The lake we are staying at is literally right next to the base! So we will have to call them tomorrow to make sure it's still open for us to come.
    I still have a lot to do so I need to get off here. Again, have a good weekend! Good to see you back, AD!
    MM
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    PS. It wasn't mosquitoes. It IS an allergic reaction. Either to the tent (DH is washing it in woolite in the tub to see if that will help) or I am having an allergic reaction the to the Lamisil. :grumble: Either way, I am itching like crazy and I am drugged up on Benedryl.
    Not so sure we are going camping now. :grumble: Time will tell.

Itchy and scratchy boogaloo.
    MM
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your allergy, MM! :frown: I hope you can still go camping. V, don't feel guilty - if you're still coughing, you might still be contagious, so just take the break. :smile:

I got my run in ("just" 4 miles :smile:) last night, and finally did my pushups after midnight. Mary, I admire your commitment to limiting computer time. I am seriously on the computer all day long - at work, at home, while watching television. I am sure I would get a lot more done if I cut back a bit... maybe... MAYBE I can try that. My problem is that every time I open the laptop, I have a million windows open of things I wanted to look at later - and then I end up opening a dozen more on the way to whatever it was I originally intended to do. :embarassed:

Today is Friday, so I don't have anything scheduled other than a walk. I still need to decide what my dessert will be this week. In "no WAY" news... my weight is down again! I have to attribute it to limiting sugar since that is the main thing I have changed lately. I will do another official check next week.

Friday boogaloo!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Welcome back AD! Glad to hear the news about your Dad.
    Hope you stop itching MM.

The computer thing didn't work as well as planned yesterday, but I will try again today. I remember getting along just fine without the web/email - I should be able to limit it. I try to resist answering my cell phone at times too (when out with other people) - It drives me crazy when someone talks on a cell phone when they are out socially. The worst: being on Facebook when your out with friends - an acquaintance did this the other day and I wanted to smack him upside the head - you're out with friends, idiot!

Yoga at the park was mosquito infested and not my taste. I will try the other teacher next week. I did like lying on my back and looking up into the sky. Got an extra walk in trying to find the yoga place in the park as well.

Today: teaching yoga and gym? bike ride?

Put the electronic device down, boogaloo!
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    CP, sounds like you are on a roll! Way to go!

Mary, I agree about the phone and Facebook thing. It is rude.

Didn't go to Bible Study. Drugged up on Benedryl so I don't want to drive. It's actually wearing off now so I am itching a bit, but I'm really sleepy and spacey. Rash has cleared up quite a bit. Still not sure what caused it. Washed the tent so I hope that will take care of it. I don't think I will take Lamisil anymore either. People have lost weight taking it because they lose their sense of tastes for weeks or months at a time. That's not how I want to lose weight.
    So today is finishing up the packing and go pick up DH at work sometime this afternoon. I'm not moving very fast today. Not motivated. I want to take a nap. We have had several problems in planning this trip. Don't know what that is all about. Very frustrating. :huh:

Slow motion boogaloo!
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Feeling much better today. I've entered what, for me during the tail end of any illness, is the "feeling better now push it and get worse again!" phase. So, I'm trying not to push it.:tongue: Just cleaned my work area and kitchen, and am now feeling blah again. Time for a lay-down.

Don't push it boogaloo.:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    The hives returned! :sad: I guess I'll be doped up on meds all weekend. I'm feeling fine other than itching, and now getting a little sleepy thanks to benedryl. :yawn:
    This sucks. :frown:
    On the other hand I am almost ready to go, not that I feel like going now.

I really am going to quit posting. I think I just want people to feel sorry for me. lol. I want pity!
    V, I'm glad you are feeling a little better. Don't push yourself. Just rest and relax as best as you can. :flowerforyou:

Drowning in self-pity,
    MM
  • yoginimary
    Options
    Hope you have fun camping, MM.

We are going out horseback riding today - a friend's birthday thing - then Italian tonight. I haven't done well at all on the one dessert thing, and I'm sure there will be cake tonight. Sigh. Better next week.

If the horseback thing doesn't take all day (it's 90 minutes out of town), then I'm planning on going to the gym. I haven't pushed in a while, so whatever I do, it needs to be hard.

Giddy up, boogaloo
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Went for a leisurely walk to lunch today. As this marks the first time I've been out of the house in six days, it felt like a victory. I'm pretty worn down from it (I'm still having a sort of heaviness in my chest, so I get out of breath super easy).

I just hope that I can get back to some sort of normal routine next week. It's so hard not to just jump back on the horse. But, every day is a little better.

Upward boogaloo!:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    Options
    Got the heart rate workout in yesterday - elliptical and treadmill. Had to do inclines on the treadmill rather than jogs - I had a coughing attack, when I pushed it too far. Still coughing occasionally, but feel ok today.

We're planning on going to free yoga at the farmer's market. If it doesn't rain, I'll get a bike ride in too.

Sunday, boogaloo
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Planning on getting outside and walking again today. It's unseasonably warm and sunny. No structured exercise today, but I'm hoping to start back at the gym tomorrow.

Sunshine boogaloo.:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    We just got back home. We had a good time. We walked for several hours so that was nice. Camping wasn't so bad. I imagine we will be doing it again. Alex liked it a lot. My hives finally went away but my skin is still itchy and sensitive. I don't know what caused it.
    We are pretty sure Alex is at least hypoglycemic. He had a lot of ups after eating and downs when it had been more than a couple of hours. We're probably going to have to get him checked. :brokenheart: Poor kid has had so many problems. He also has problems with his eyes some times turning in so we need to get that looked at as well.
    Now that I've sat down again I realize how tired I am. Bed time is around the corner.
    Sounds like you are doing better V. Glad to hear it. Don't push too hard.
    I'd like to go horseback riding Mary. I haven't been in a long time. Alex gets to go every week, but I don't get a turn. :laugh: I love horses, I think they are beautiful, but they intimidate me. I feel that they are kind of unpredictable.
    Goals for the week:
    work out at least 3x hopefully 4-5x
    clean up the house and de-cat hair it.
    work on a hypoglycemic/low acid grocery list for the fam.
    Pull out winter clothes.
    I guess that's about it. I'll try to post on the right thread tomorrow. :wink: Depends on how much sleep I get tonight.
    MM