Hubby on board!

Options
Not sure if this is a good success story, but for me it is a step in the right direction. My husband has decided to overhaul the way he eats too, which should help me out even more.

Replies

• NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! My husband and I went into this together, too. It's wonderful to have a great support system right there - he keeps me on track!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I started this on my own, and after a month or two when my pants started getting loose my wife said "what's that website you're using?" :bigsmile:

It works very well for us - we cook smart and no fussing about what is on the table (or what ain't :drinker: ). We keep each other honest, we exercise together a lot.

I think it's made us closer. It's a very good thing.
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    MINE TOOO!!!! i JUST SIGNED HIM UP! I HAVE TO DO ALL THE WORK FOR HIM, BUT I THINK BOTH OF US WORKING FOR A SIMILAR GOAL IS BETTER THAN US BUTTING HEADS OVER WHATS FOR DINNER! :laugh:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Careful Neena.

You're logging his food? If this turns into you being the bad guy, telling him "You can't have that, you're out of calories for the day - put the cookie down!",,, well that'll be real bad.

I would encourage you to get him logging his own food if there's any way to do it.

Sometimes I run out of calories, and it's evening, and I'm hungry. Then I have to make a choice - I can knock out 20 minutes of exercise and "earn" a snack,,, I can make a L&T salad with a dill pickle and fill up on freebie stuff,,, I can make an executive decision to go just a little over that day. Or - I can just tough it out and go to bed hungry (I almost never do that,,, :ohwell: ). That's just how healthy eating is, and it's tough sometimes. But whatever I do, it's always my decision, and always just between me and my food diary - it's never anybody else's fault.

Take care,,, food is emotional stuff. No grown man wants to play "mother may I" with food - it's humiliating and insulting and controlling and just yuck. Get him doing it himself.

((I know my wife's username & password, and sometimes I'll go ahead and log in a meal for her if I cooked and I know what everything is. Sometimes I even fix her plate for her and weigh/measure her portions,,, but this is done out of love, knowing that I'll be more generous than she would be<"yes honey, the turkey really is that light, yes, that's a portion, I weighed it"> I never ever EVER put myself in a postion to tell her "you can't have,,,". It's just bad juju.))
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!