cleanse

WDE23
WDE23 Posts: 21
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
i've read many posts on detox cleanses. i have never done this and wondering for those that have, can provide a bit of info on this and what brands have worked best for everyone. Thanks!

Replies

• Yogi makes a detox herbal tea. I usually feel very "cleansed" after i've had a cup in the morning. Just remember, it's not for weight loss. It boosts your liver and kidney function...ie.....you pee alot. I like Peach Detox..... I don't know what grocery stores you have where you live, but you can get it at Walmart or United. As an added benefit, all of thier ingredients are organic. :)

Edited for spelling error.
  • sara1786
    sara1786 Posts: 101
    Yogi makes a detox herbal tea.

i googled Yogi tea [b/c i had never heard of it] and am really excited to try it. i found one tea-- goji berry tea and was really interested in it. i'd also never heard of goji berries [aka wolfberry] but my friend said they were healthy. so, i googled them and they sound awesome.

has anyone else heard of these or tasted them?

http://www.gojiberryjuice.org
  • amk1725
    amk1725 Posts: 156
    Yogi makes a detox herbal tea. I usually feel very "cleansed" after i've had a cup in the morning. Just remember, it's not for weight loss. It boosts your liver and kidney function...ie.....you pee alot. I like Peach Detox..... I don't know what grocery stores you have where you live, but you can get it at Walmart or United. As an added benefit, all of thier ingredients are organic. :)

Edited for spelling error.

How often do you drink a cup of it? Daily?
  • amk1725
    amk1725 Posts: 156
    I went ahead and bought the Yogi Tea to try it out as a cleanse. I bought the Berry Cleanse and it smelled great, tasted great, then all of a sudden tasted funny & left an odd taste in my mouth. :( I'm so disapointed.

I'm going to try it cold to see if it's any better. And I don't think I can handle it every day....so....back to square one.

Anybody got any other ideas?
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    I've never tried any kind of detox or cleansing tea, but I would like to...
  • I have eaten goji berries. they are good and very good for you, tart though! good for added energy and high in antioxidants and also for your immune system. It's a super fruit.

yerba mate tea is very good as well
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    (This is just my personal opinion, take it or leave it. :happy: )

I'm not a big fan of 'cleanses', per say. I've tried them, they've made me sick. Did some research, talked to my doctor- got a lot of the same information coming back, that cleanses don't really do anything to help the body. They're not necessarily harmful (unless done incorrectly) but not overly beneficial, either.

My advise on this subject is pretty consistent: lots of fiber and water. I've started eating a bran cereal every morning, and drink lots of water. My digestive system is now a finely tuned machine, lol! I'm definitely 'cleansed'.

On those occassions where I feel I need help getting my digestive system moving, I will drink a cup of senna leaf tea with some honey. It tastes kind of like black licorice- it's not bad. Within about 12 hours it usually take effect.
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    i have the most sensitive digestive system ever. i drink a cup of tea daily (a few different kinds low in caffeine) along with a lot of water. also yogurt daily (for the active culture) it doesn't seem to help me!! I've considered those colon cleansers and such to possibly be able to retain a rhythm in my system. colon cleansers are kind of expensive though and i wanted some feedback before i try it out. has anyone had success with colon cleansers??
  • MadWorld
    MadWorld Posts: 200
    I've never tried an actual "cleanse". I have had the tea that's supposed to "detox" you or whatever. I don't think it did anything for me other than give me major crampage.

My belief is that by merely changing your diet-- cutting out the refined sugars and such eventually helps to cleanse your system.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    i have the most sensitive digestive system ever. i drink a cup of tea daily (a few different kinds low in caffeine) along with a lot of water. also yogurt daily (for the active culture) it doesn't seem to help me!! I've considered those colon cleansers and such to possibly be able to retain a rhythm in my system. colon cleansers are kind of expensive though and i wanted some feedback before i try it out. has anyone had success with colon cleansers??

Have you tried adding some more fiber? I eat All Bran Strawberry Medley every morning and drink lots of water during the day. My digestive system has never been healthier.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    I've just finished one last week which was very mild - I didn't get the headaches, halitosis or diarrhea that other cleanses can give you. It's in capsule form - called ReCleanse. You can google it and read all about what it can do for you.
This discussion has been closed.