muscles are friends

Options
Hey everyone... not sure if im posting this in the right forum.. but i just thought I would post some photos to maybe motivate someone people and let them see that muscles and lifting weights isnt all bad, and sometimes its not really all about the scale.

To make a long story short, I got hospitalized in April for two weeks where I couldn't eat, literary, I was just surviving on liquids at the hospital for 2 weeks and had to have several procedures done. I left weighing in at 5'4 and 108-110 (over 12 pound loss) and lost most of the muscles i worked so hard for.

I don't have any photos me at 108, but this is around 112ish?

P1010257.jpg

P1010256.jpg

Fortunately, after weeks of recovery, I slowly started getting back into the gym, and as soon as I did I put weight on, but it was mostly muscle. And here I am today around 120lbs:

me-3.jpg

me1.jpg

I am still not quite where I was BEFORE the hospital, but getting close.

I just wanted to post this to remind people that (for women) lifting weights is NOT bad, it's actually good, and that sometimes less is not always better. :)

Replies

• rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I agree 110% You look amazing and your hard work has paid off!!!
    I'm lifting to hopefully gain muscle and definition, but if the fat chooses to shed off then great! But I don't use the scale as the final measurement, it's all about how you look and feel!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Love this. You look amazing. :heart:
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    There need to be more testimonials like this so that more women out there won't be afraid to hit some weights. I hear from so many that they fear the idea of bulking up, when you have to pretty much put in 110% effort for that to happen.

I actually had a similar occurrence in April myself, I was hospitalized and lost 12 pounds.. it's so difficult getting back into the gym at first but perseverance pays off! You look fantastic.