Single Working Mom-- in need of some ideas and friends!

Options
2»

Replies

• AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I started off doing 25min workout video's. I did them in the morning when I'm more likely to do them. My girls (6,9) knew that was my time. No asking for milk, looking for socks, or yelling about anything. Sometimes my 6 yr old would come in and flail around with me, giggling the whole time.

It's good for them to see you take time for yourself and be healthy.
  • AshleysAwesomeness
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas.

Me and the kid do play pretty actively.We have regular water balloon fights with the neighborhood kids, swim, teach her to ride her bike, hide-n-seek, tag, etc. She loves to play the Kinect so I do get some activity during the day just not as much as I would like.

I don't take a lunch break while I'm working because it allows me to be able to save money (which is more important than I ever figured it would be) and pick my kid up from school instead of getting a babysitter or her going to after school.

After she goes to bed is the only time I actually get to keep up with the household work: mowing the lawn, doing dishes, laundry, straightening up, vacuuming, preparing meals for the next day, all that little stuff that adds up..... Oh yeah and most importantly showering in peace!

Gonna try and see if I can find a video or something that doesn't kill my knees that is decently quick to add in after her bed time.

Any other creative ideas keep them coming! :)