Replies

• LaNena01
    LaNena01 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Lee716
    Lee716 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Chick fil A has some pretty healthy options. I usually get the chicken sandwich on whole wheat bread, fruit cup as a side and bottled water to drink. Roughly about 435 calories. Also their 8 piece nuggets are only 260 calories and taste like real chicken. Better than Mcdonalds or Burger King any day.

FYI did you know if you order regular white bread, that it gets buttered? Really? Like extra 30 calories and 3 grams of fat for no reason. Smh
    Uh yeah that's why it tastes good.

I know but I think butter and all I see is Paula Dean. Really, the whole wheat option tastes so much better to me. And the protein in the chicken is so filling, I believe it has 30 grams of protein.
  • xo_Sarah_xo
    xo_Sarah_xo Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Wendy's Chili for sure! It's been a while but I think the large only has 300 calories and a lot of protein.
    Yummm...:happy:
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    If I get fast food, I try to leave out half a bun, or try to eat half. I try to get grilled chicken, nothing breaded, and I squeeze off the grease with a napkin, but then I don't try to go over my calorie quota.
  • blinkiii
    blinkiii Posts: 90
    Options
    FYI did you know if you order regular white bread, that it gets buttered? Really? Like extra 30 calories and 3 grams of fat for no reason. Smh

I did not know that! :O
  • TNFirefly
    TNFirefly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    My current food plan is vegan low fat (McDougall), so a veggie no cheese loaded at subway, a bean burrito fresco style at taco bell, a veggie at burger king, baked potato with side salad at wendy's....most of these work into my food plan just fine except for the sodium. Sodium is a BIG deal for me lately, and I am trying to keep it under 1200-1500 mg daily, so these require a lot of planning for the rest of the day.
  • cvitez1
    cvitez1 Posts: 39
    Options
    I sure do. And a little salt, like a French fry :)
  • noahsmommie
    noahsmommie Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Wendy's Berry Almond Chicken Salad
    Taco Bell Steak Baja Gordita and a side of rice
    Subway Veggie Sub w/ ff italian dressing

Yum... Is anybody hungry? lol
  • blinkiii
    Options
    Yum... Is anybody hungry? lol

Lol, yeah I'm starting to regret making this post. It's taking all of my self control to not hop in my car and drive to the nearest Mickey D's.
  • caro1275
    caro1275 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Subway 6 inch sandwiches are pretty darned tasty and many are under 400 calories without cheese!
    :)
  • smarty3
    smarty3 Posts: 11
    Options
    At Starbucks I get a skinny vanilla latte and a bistro box! They're a yummy assortment of healthy foods and most are around 300 cals
  • blinkiii
    Options
    At Starbucks I get a skinny vanilla latte and a bistro box! They're a yummy assortment of healthy foods and most are around 300 cals

Oh I've seen the bistro boxes but I haven't tried one yet because I wasn't sure if they were worth the money. They look good though!
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Subways Turkey sandwich...either hold the cheese or hold the mayo.
    Capt. D's salmon diinner
    Salad and drink if it's one of the burger joints
    popeye's naked chicken
    KFC baked chicken
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Chipotle is a good one. You can mix and match the healthy stuff... and it's packed full of flavor.

I love Chipotle, which is the problem. As soon as the scent hits my nose I'll ask for every god-awful ingredient until I've got myself a hefty 1000 calorie burrito :P

For chipotle, I know that you can get online and order and also fax an order in. That's what we normally do at work, it helps me because i'm not standing in line looking at all of the ingredients. I normally get the burrito bowl with no rice, no cheese and no meat. But I do get the fajita veggies and guacamole. I know it still has a lot of sodium, but cutting out the tortilla, rice, cheese, and sour cream i'm sure cuts out at least 500 or so calories.
  • photokelley
    Options
    I'll eat Taco Bells chicken fresco tacos or if I go to McD's a chicken wrap and a side salad. Otherwise I just try to look for freshest options or the ones with the most veggies and least meat. Oh, and at Subway a turkey sandwich.
  • poetgurl2005
    Options
    If I get fast food it's either a sandwich, or fries or rings (or chilli cheese fries). I make the rest when I get my food home. I have small children though so I don't do eating at the restaurant often. I also like chicken nugget happy meals.

24615602.png
  • blinkiii
    Options
    Chipotle is a good one. You can mix and match the healthy stuff... and it's packed full of flavor.

I love Chipotle, which is the problem. As soon as the scent hits my nose I'll ask for every god-awful ingredient until I've got myself a hefty 1000 calorie burrito :P

For chipotle, I know that you can get online and order and also fax an order in. That's what we normally do at work, it helps me because i'm not standing in line looking at all of the ingredients. I normally get the burrito bowl with no rice, no cheese and no meat. But I do get the fajita veggies and guacamole. I know it still has a lot of sodium, but cutting out the tortilla, rice, cheese, and sour cream i'm sure cuts out at least 500 or so calories.

Oh that's a fantastic idea!!! O: I never even knew that was possible! I'm going to start doing that so that we I can't change my mind about a healthy burrito once I'm in line!
  • OneFitDude16
    Options
    fast food should never be an option.
  • cvitez1
    cvitez1 Posts: 39
    Options

Oh that's a fantastic idea!!! O: I never even knew that was possible! I'm going to start doing that so that we I can't change my mind about a healthy burrito once I'm in line!

Also, before you head to chipotle, figure out what you want and put it into this calories counter: http://www.chipotlefan.com/index.php?id=nutrition_calculator

You'd be surprised how fast the calories add up.
  • smarty3
    smarty3 Posts: 11
    Options

Oh I've seen the bistro boxes but I haven't tried one yet because I wasn't sure if they were worth the money. They look good though!

Yeah I had it for lunch today and the total was around $10, But I got the chicken and hummus and it comes with some veggies and pita. There's a lot of variety. So yummy!