Is it normal??

2»

Replies

• kaedaza
    kaedaza Posts: 33 Member
    So today I made sure to put more weight on my heels and I didnt get numb feet! woot!
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Mine goes numb as well although it's closer to the 30 minute mark, it's actually quite common when it comes to the elliptical.
  • I have made this observation myself - and talked to my trainer who said it is very common. And a lot of it has to do with the tendency for people to put most of their weight on their toes and none on their heels (think of how you use your foot when walking up stairs). The only recommendation I have received is trying to use your entire foot when on the machine and every few steps wiggle your foot around to get the blood flowing again....I have found it frustrating as I could stay on the machine longer if only my feet would hold out!!!

Same here. i use my elliptical almost everyday, and i alternate the way i use my feet, toes and heels, toes and heels the entire workout. otherwise my toes go to sleep, and that's not fun. it's easier to push with the smaller surface area, so naturally our bodies want to do whats easier.... ALSO, try doing a few minutes here and there backwards. that works VERY different muscles.
  • graveflower316
    graveflower316 Posts: 169 Member
    Every time i use the elliptical, I have the same thing happen to me. I have poor circulation (and postural hypo-tension), which I always thought was the reason for this, but it's definitely a mixture between too small of shoes (your normal shoe size is not your workout/running shoe size -- go 1/2 inch larger) and the former.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    I have made this observation myself - and talked to my trainer who said it is very common. And a lot of it has to do with the tendency for people to put most of their weight on their toes and none on their heels (think of how you use your foot when walking up stairs). The only recommendation I have received is trying to use your entire foot when on the machine and every few steps wiggle your foot around to get the blood flowing again....I have found it frustrating as I could stay on the machine longer if only my feet would hold out!!!

This.

But definitely invest in some good shoes.