Fighting the urge

to go buy mozzarella sticks. They're my go to bad food and I am really craving them right now. Nothing particularly bad happened today (it was actually a pretty good day) so it isn't tied to any emotion. I just really really want them. Stop the craving!

Replies

• To help myself fight urges to spluge on food... I use this suggestion: the 3 D's - Distance, Delay, Distract.
    I make sure there is distance between me and the food of my desire. I leave my favorte bad foods at the store.
    If I want a craving.... I tell mysefl.. to wait 20 minutes. I even set the timer on my phone. If I still want it after 20 minutes... then I allow myself 1 portion. ( not the whole package). The last D is Distraact- I try to find a chore that needs done (and there are always chores), or pick up the book I am reading. Hope these 3 D's - Distance, Delay and Distract help you. Good Luck. T Burke, :smile:
  • Have you thought about substituting a healthy version? I saw this on Dr Oz the other day and this may help with your craving and with significantly fewer calories and fat - http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/better-fried-mozzarella-sticks
  • To help myself fight urges to spluge on food... I use this suggestion: the 3 D's - Distance, Delay, Distract.
    I make sure there is distance between me and the food of my desire. I leave my favorte bad foods at the store.
    If I want a craving.... I tell mysefl.. to wait 20 minutes. I even set the timer on my phone. If I still want it after 20 minutes... then I allow myself 1 portion. ( not the whole package). The last D is Distraact- I try to find a chore that needs done (and there are always chores), or pick up the book I am reading. Hope these 3 D's - Distance, Delay and Distract help you. Good Luck. T Burke, :smile:

I like this!
  • shardown
    shardown Posts: 258 Member
    To help myself fight urges to spluge on food... I use this suggestion: the 3 D's - Distance, Delay, Distract.

That is pretty awesome.
  • Have you thought about substituting a healthy version? I saw this on Dr Oz the other day and this may help with your craving and with significantly fewer calories and fat - http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/better-fried-mozzarella-sticks

Thanks! I'll have to try those.

Thanks for the advice! I'll keep this in mind.
  • K_Smith86
    K_Smith86 Posts: 123
    To help myself fight urges to spluge on food... I use this suggestion: the 3 D's - Distance, Delay, Distract.

That's a really great tip! I'll have to remember this. I get the urges too and it's difficult to fight them back some days.