not motivated anymore

Options
i am getting at that point that i am not motivated anymore because i am not lossing anything and i am been on mpf for 1 month now .... need help cause i excersis 4 x a week

Replies

• KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    You need to provide more info...
    What do you eat in a typical day?
    What type of exercise are you doing?
    What is your goal lbs to lose per week?
    etc.

But looking at your profile it seems you have seen some up and down movement over the month. Do you think the initial increase in weight that occurred the first few weeks were due to poor eating choices and lack of exercise? I don't mean this as criticism, just pointing out that if that initial gain is justified by your choices than since then you have lost a few pounds and thus you are probably on the right track and just need to stick with it. I know it is frustrating but with having a small amount to lose it will be a slow process, but take comfort in knowing that if it is slow it is more likely to stay off.
  • breezy81
    breezy81 Posts: 186
    Options
    You may need to change your work out. More or less cardio or weights. Some of us burn fat at different heart rates. I need lots of cardio!!! weights don't help me very much. Also maybe more protein in ur diet can help.
  • KatWood
    Options
    I was just looking at your food diary and not be harsh but your choices are less than optimal. You seem to be eating a lot of frozen processed food and not a lot of fruits and vegetables. Try substituting the frozen pizzas for fresh salads and sandwiches. I don't think you need to eat less just maybe tweak what you are eating to include things with more nutrients and less fat.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Well, if you're looking for advice, here is my two cents. In looking at your food diary, you need to make better food choices. Lucky Charms doesn't really qualify as a healthy breakfast, nor does a pizza for lunch. Fiber? Protein? Vegetables? Good fats? Those are things you should be eating, not a breakfast with enough sugar to put you over your limit for the whole day.

And as for your exercise diary? I see you're walking here and there, and that's better than nothing. But jogging in place for 5 minutes doesn't really count as a day of exercise.

Eat healthier, and some more exercise, and you'll be on your way! :flowerforyou:
  • KatWood
    Options
    Completely agree with toots. There is a lot of sugary cereal in your diet and frozen food. I also suspect your sodium intake is working against you too.

Another upside to eating healthier food ... you get to eat more of it :laugh:
  • cc_campbell81
    Options
    I am not an expert but I looked at your food log and exercise log and have a few suggestions. You are sticking to your calories which is great but your are not eating a very balanced diet. I see lots of packaged foods. I would suggest trying more fresh foods, more vegetables, and lean meats. I am a mom too so I eat packaged foods for convenience but I try to add in other fruits, vegetables, whole grains, etc. For exercise I see that you walk a lot which is helpful but if you really want to get the pounds off I would add in more cardio at least 20 minutes long such as biking or running outside.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Completely agree with toots. There is a lot of sugary cereal in your diet and frozen food. I also suspect your sodium intake is working against you too.

Another upside to eating healthier food ... you get to eat more of it :laugh:

That's the best part! :laugh:
  • KatWood
    Options
    Sometimes I feel like a bit of a pig because I really am eating almost continuously (at least every 2hrs). But it almost always nutritious choices (ok maybe not this weekend with Halloween) and I usually come very close to my goals for the day.
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I also think that maybe some of your problem is your sodium intake. You do not have that in your diary but all the pizza and cereal and other processed foods you are eating are really high in sodium which can make you retain water.

I agree with the other ladies here try adding in more fresh food. Also (and this one has been hard for me lately) make sure you are logging EVERYTHING you put in your mouth :happy: You will get there girl keep on pushing yourself it does not come easy and it feels oh so good once you do it!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I feel like a bit of a pig because I really am eating almost continuously (at least every 2hrs). But it almost always nutritious choices (ok maybe not this weekend with Halloween) and I usually come very close to my goals for the day.

Oh yeah, big time. 2 hours is an eternity. I eat at least 6 times a day - constantly throwing groceries down my neck. It takes a lot of food to make 2000 calories when (just about) everything's real.

Here's my standard "Welcome aboard" post - take a look:

"""Welcome aboard, you've come to the right place. This is a great tool that will work wonders. Just take a look at the before and after thread - and remember that the folks with huge successes are just like you, they just started a little earlier. You can do it too, and you will, I just know it.

This is easy - here's all ya' gotta do:

Cook smart, lotsa good filling stuff. Some fruits, lotsa veggies, some grains-cereals, some starchy stuff, some lean meat. Almost nothing fried (and certainly nothing batter dipped & deep fried), and very very little pastry/cakey stuff.

Count your calories accurately with the food guide here, and stay as close to your calorie allowance as you reasonably can. If you cook properly you shouldn't be too uncomfortable on the calorie allowance MFP will give you.

Get some exercise - work that gym, walk a little every day, something - that's a huge help. Remember to log your exercise and eat at least some (I eat most) of your exercise calories.

And drink your water!

That's it, piece o' cake. Wife and I have been doing it for about 10 months now and we've done well.

You can do it too """

What you eat is probably more important than how much, IMHO.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I haven't looked at your logs or anything, it looks like enough people have given you advice on that. I'm just here to say YOU CAN DO IT

(and of course the guy from that Adam Sandler movie pops in my head.....You can do it ALL NIGHT LONG! ....lol ok, back to .....oh hey....The Water Boy....ok, back to the regularly scheduled program...)

You will not lose any weight if you give up. Its time to stick to the plan and do your best! :smile:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    How are your clothes fitting? Honestly that is a better indicator of loss than scale weight. While some are blessed to see scale losses every week, I have learn the scale doesn't tell my story but dress sizes do.

Others mentioned sodium intake which may be important if you want to see a number on the scale change but if you are more concerned about size I wouldn't worry about it too much unless you are consuming an astronomical amount.

Try adding a fruit or a vegetable every week until you get to the optimum number of serving. It's always better to eat whole foods. However, I ate fruit loops when I first started and lost so don't fret. I learned from some healthy eating websites that Lucky Charms (or fruit Loops in my case) and Special K are about the same nutritionally so I just stuck with the fruit loops.

Also 1200 may not be right for you. You may need to bump it up to 1400-1500. While everyone wants to lose a pound a week it may not be for you since you have so little to lose.

i am getting at that point that i am not motivated anymore because i am not lossing anything and i am been on mpf for 1 month now .... need help cause i excersis 4 x a week
  • nance1109
    nance1109 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi. First of all don't give up! Keep yourself motivated by taking the advise you see here to heart. I totally understand your frustration. I have to say I agree with the others here. I noticed on your blog you type about not eating bread? Are you trying to do a lower carb diet? If so the cereal you are eating sometimes twice a day is not going to help. Even though it is not "bread" it is extreemly high in sugar and will not breakdown very slowely. In turn you will find yourself being hungry sooner.

If in fact you are trying to watch carbs you might want to stick with a more protien based breakfast. Such as egg whites and veggies, Cottage cheese (low fat or skim) or even a couple string cheese and a piece of fruit. Also, oranges are great but really high in sugar also. You might want to experiment with other fruits such as berries, apples.

I hope this is helpful to you! Good luck!