Under 200 cal savory snack Ideas?

Options
I know a few snack ideas such as oatmeal, bagel with cream cheese and fruit, plain fruit, etc. But it is all sweet. I;m more of a nonsweet person most of the time. Besides Salad, popcorn, veggies with dip..and I managed to get a 200 cal grilled cheese, i'm at a loss. Anyone know any not-sweet quick snacks preferably under 200 cals? :)

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Boiled egg
    Slice of cheese
    Natural yoghurt (ie. not sweet)
    Nuts
    Cheese and crackers
    Sandwich (I usually have one piece of bread with cheese and vegemite or with peanut butter and they both come in well under 200 cals)
    Sweet potato or carrots (cooked in the microwave) make a great snack
    Chicken, ham, tuna, meat - just measure it out and eat a portion that is the size you want.
    Or just eat a small serve of any leftovers you might have - soup, casserole, frittata etc - there is no rule that says you can't eat "meal" food as a snack.
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I LOVE roasted chickpeas. I've made them with chili & cumin, with balsamic vinegar, and I'm making them with curry powder next.
  • rzslc
    rzslc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    try filling celery with flavored hummus. i like sabra spicy. :)
  • masterschild54
    Options
    Home made hummus with carrot/celery sticks
  • courtneyleem
    Options
    baby carrots and a cheese string
    a granny smith apple (or celery sticks) with natural peanut butter
    whole wheat triscuit with a cheese string, or salsa
  • jtallwood
    jtallwood Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Mini caprese salad! I cut a tomato in quarters, a little salt, pepper, a little balsamic vinegar, a few torn basil leaves and a little fresh mozarella. I make it often as a side dish

I also like baked tortilla chips with salsa or air popped popcorn
  • XxSarahKatexX
    Options
    Boiled egg
    Slice of cheese
    Nuts
    Cheese and crackers
    Sandwich (I usually have one piece of bread with cheese and vegemite or with peanut butter and they both come in well under 200 cals)
    Chicken, ham, tuna, meat - just measure it out and eat a portion that is the size you want.
    Or just eat a small serve of any leftovers you might have - soup, casserole, frittata etc - there is no rule that says you can't eat "meal" food as a snack.

>.< What kind of Peanut butter do you use? The kinds we have all have 190 cals for like..1 tablespoon :c

I love tuna :) I forgot about that one~ I should also go and buy some soups~ Thanks !
  • XxSarahKatexX
    Options
    Home made hummus with carrot/celery sticks
    ahh yes, I love hummus :)!
  • XxSarahKatexX
    Options
    try filling celery with flavored hummus. i like sabra spicy. :)
    Haha i think i JUST finished that exact hummus the other day. soo good<3
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Boiled egg
    Slice of cheese
    Nuts
    Cheese and crackers

>.< What kind of Peanut butter do you use? The kinds we have all have 190 cals for like..1 tablespoon :c

I love tuna :) I forgot about that one~ I should also go and buy some soups~ Thanks !

I use Sanitarium peanut butter with no added salt or sugar, it's about 150 cals per tablespoon. For a snack, I cut one slice of bread in half and spread it with half a tbspn of pb. It's all about portions!
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Boiled egg
    Slice of cheese
    Nuts
    Cheese and crackers

I've gotten Trader Joe's and Stop and Shop brand all natural. Both were 190 for 2 tablespoons. Right now I have smuckers all natural its 100 calories per tablespoon
  • ezavora
    ezavora Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've been making burritos with tortillas from Costco that are high fiber, 80cal. I fill with small amount of refried beans, an ounce or so of meat, shredded cabbage or red pepper. Sprinkle in hot sauce and wrap up. It adds up to 190cal and is super filling., its like a mini-meal.