l9w cal work snacks

Options
I know this has been discussed many times, but I'm looking for low calorie snacks at work. Between breakfast lunch and snacks at work I try not to eat more than about 550 calories (I eat the rest for dinner and at home).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• kingnatalie
    Options
    Sugar Free Jello is a great snack and tastes great. One box makes 4 servings, and each serving is only 10 calories. I also like to keep 100 calorie snack packs at my desk. They are a great snack as well and provide portion control.
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Can I ask why you try to keep the bulk of your day under 550 cals? Do you also do this on days you exercise?

Anyways, to answer your question, some of my fav snacks at work are
    Yoplait the source yogurt (35cals each)
    baby carrots
    cucumber slices
    granola bars
    fresh fruit
    90 cal pudding cups
    I know these aren't terribly exciting.

I usually try to eat "mini" meals every few hrs throughout the day. So for example, I generally have 2 breakfasts 200-300 cals each, one at 8 and the next at 10am. I also try to include my exercise calories so I can spread them througout the day.
  • RobbinMarie
    Options
    These are my favorites! Seem to stick with me and hold me til meal time. (and you get some protein, veggie and fruit servings in as well)

peanuts and semi-sweet choc chips (or .5 oz dried fruit bits) mixed together (about 1 oz of each)

V8 and a string cheese stick

small apple with 1 tbsp peanut butter
  • shannahrenee
    Options
    Can I ask why you try to keep the bulk of your day under 550 cals? Do you also do this on days you exercise?

I don't have much control over my dinners as I normally eat at my boyfriend's parents house 3-4 nights a week and if I'm not there my boyfriend and I tend to go out so I try to keep a good amount for the evening so I don't go over. When I exercise I do normally eat those calories for lunch or for breakfast.