Fractured pelvic bone

Options
This may be a long shot but does any body have experience with a fracture pelvic bone? My hip had been hurting for about 6 months and I finally went into the doctor a couple of days ago and they did an x-ray and learned I had an break in my inferior pubic ramus. They don't know yet if it's a stress fracture, acute or what. They are sending me in for bone density test and mri.
I'm bummed yes, but I'm more bummed my running days seem to be numbered. My doctor hasn't discussed recovery time with me yet, so I'm just curious if anybody knows the recovery time and how long you were benched. Were you able to at least walk for cardio? Or were you benched for all exercise?

Replies

• fleurina
    Options
    Sally, this might not be related... and not sure if this is helpful, but I had a stress fracture in my tibia in 2009 from running. I wasn't supposed to run at all, and walk as little as possible for 12 weeks, if I recall correctly. My doc suggested I take up biking, and it turned out to be a blessing in disguise, because it turns out I love cycling. I still do it to this day and have since invested in a really awesome road bike. (Lately, I haven't been biking, but that's just 'cause I'm training for a marathon.)

Anyway, I hope it works out for you. Also, if I recall, I think I was cleared for a low-no impact workout, like the elliptical, but personally, I hate machines like that, so I never did it. I always prefer group fitness, running or biking. :)