Easy lunch?

Options
jdp21
jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
Alright, so, I was wondering if anyone knows of any good recipes for lunch or anything healthy/filling that they eat during lunch that does not require a lot of time? My Mondays and Wednesdays leave me little time for lunch because I have an hour and a half between work and class (from 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm)!

Replies

• AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    For lunch I usually buy the Sandwich thins in the bread isle that are only 100 calories and are yummy! I then use either peanut butter (1 serving) or cheese and hard salami, ham or chicken from the deli. Totaly that is usually about 220 calories for me. I then have an apple and a string cheese! It is quick and easy.
    Hope that is helpful.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Leftovers from last night's dinner, in a gladware container. Microwaves are everywhere, nuke in a minute and feast. Quick, easy, and I know exactly what it is 'cause I made it.

I had leftover great northern beans w/ham for lunch today. :bigsmile:
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I usually make a quick spinach salad w/ feta, tomatos, green or red onion,s ham or turkey and dressing. It's pretty filling and good! Also, as Casper mentions, leftovers are great and easy. Sometimes I make my dinners w/ the next day lunches in mind so I don't really have to anything but put it in a container and heat it up the next day. :happy:
  • tinanicole
    Options
    My favorite meal that I eat when I don't have too much time is the Vegetable and Noodle Progresso Soup.
    Soo yummy and only 120 calories. Then I usually have sliced apples and pita bread with hummus on the side.
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    I get the multi grain tortillas, and fill it with tuna mixed with 1 tbsp of miracle whip and dill relish.

or a spinach wrap with low fat cheese, turkey, tomato, alfalfa sprouts and lettuce.
  • feistygirl09
    Options
    Deli creations are good -- the ones with flatbread are only about 300 calories -- less than that if you dont use the sauce. Add a piece of fruit & you are good to go!!:smile:
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    My newly discoverd love is Progresso Light Soups. They have quite a few different kinds and all of them 200 calories per can and below. My favorite one is Chicken and Dumpling - and you actually get more than two dumplings!!!