How do you respond when people notice your weight loss?

Options
2»

Replies

• Spitbubblr
    Options
    I don't really respond unfortunately. I feel as if people just say it to make me feel better because I don't notice it at all.
  • NWCyclingBeast
    NWCyclingBeast Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    With a smile, and some pride, I guess!
  • Babymomakell
    Babymomakell Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Break out in song and dance to: "I'm sexy and I know it... girl, look at that body... yeah... I workout"

Haha, jk

I just say thank you, but I like the suggestions above about saying "Thanks and I feel great too" :)
  • paprikas
    paprikas Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Definitely going with that one!!!!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I tell them not to congratulate me yet because I just got started, but thank you for noticing. :smile:
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    for me it took people until after I dropped 30lbs...then compliments came and folks asking how did I do it...a simple thanks is good along with what I did...eat the right things...track cals and macros along with a hardcore training regimen...I always figured they ask because maybe they would like to do something positive with themselves but just don't know where to start
  • ethansmug
    ethansmug Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I usually say "Yeah and my penis is getting bigger too"
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I say "thanks and I still have a long way to go." Then I go around grinning like an idiot for the rest of the day! :happy:
  • avocado12
    avocado12 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hmm I get a little embarassed and say thank you!
  • beckiw12
    Options
    I just read the other day that it takes at least 4 weeks for you to notice changes to your own body.....it takes 6 weeks for a significant other to notice weight loss, 8 weeks for family and friends to notice, and 12 weeks for the rest of the world. Just a thought to keep you motivated if you haven't hit one of those milestones yet.
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    It took awhile for people to comment on it. Around 35 lbs a few people noticed, but as soon as i hit 50 everyone seemed to. I just say thank you, im trying! Then they usually ask what how ive lost it and what im doing. When i say counting calories and eating healthy they usually look disappointed LOL.
  • LaurasClimb
    LaurasClimb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    It took awhile for people to comment on it. Around 35 lbs a few people noticed, but as soon as i hit 50 everyone seemed to. I just say thank you, im trying! Then they usually ask what how ive lost it and what im doing. When i say counting calories and eating healthy they usually look disappointed LOL.
    That disappointed look is what I get, too. It's like they were hoping for some miracle pill or magic wand or something.
  • Happyirisheyes
    Happyirisheyes Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I think a 'Thank You' and a big ear to ear grin to let them know how fantastic you feel and are!
  • MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    "Yes. I am awesome."