fitness watches

Options
pmcco
pmcco Posts: 56 Member
I need advice on fitness type watches... I got overwhelmed at the sporting good store. I do not have an Apple product so cant do the nike thingy. They have ones with heart rate monitors that are supposed to tell you how many calories you are burning. Are they just glorified pedometers? Anyone have a preference or success? I really like the aspect of wearing it on your wrist like a watch. Any advice would be appreciated... I walked out with no purchase as I need more info before I commit.

Replies

• yaryrosa
    yaryrosa Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    LOL, I asked a similar question like two days ago and nobody answered. But I agree, it's very confusing!!! I guess my deciding factor is going to be my budget, since some of them can get really pricey!
  • KellyUK1987
    Options
    Depends what you want the watch to do... the ones that have HRM and Calorie Burners are OK... the cheaper ones are a bit fiddly as you have to put your finger on a sensor, and can be inaccurate. The best ones to get are Polar FT. Though I think most would recommend a chest strap to be even more accurate with calorie burning.

I've seen those watched for like £6 / $10 which is real cheap - but they look cheap and are inaccurate. With that said, MFP is hardly 100% so you'd probably get a more accurate reading from a cheap one, that you'd get from MFP!