Gotta take a few steps to start a journey, after all!

Options
*waves*

Hi all! This site got recommended to me by a friend so I thought I'd give it the old college try. I've tried quiet a few weight loss attempts in the past and did really well with Weight Watchers both times I tried it, but it ended up being too costly and left me thinking about nothing but food all the time.

The goal this time is to get to a healthy BMI and enjoy the benefits that come with it (ie getting to shop for the first time outside of the plus size section.) So first reason for modivation is wanting to be healthier and try to stem off the diabetes that runs in my family and the second is to buy something smaller then a size 14 for my wedding (fingers crossed) in a couple of years.

I love reading all the success stories on here and eagerly await the day I can post my own story to share with other newcomers!

Replies

• Dawnhasajeep
    Dawnhasajeep Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Best of luck! Congrats on the wedding that is great motivation!
  • rlfny1
    rlfny1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi,

I have been logging my foods/exercise for about three weeks now, and the biggest benefit I have found is that it helps to prevent me from "grazing," mainly at night and also at work where there's always goodies around. As I approach my daily goal, after dinner, I allow myself some small treats, but I don't binge. If I did, I'd have to log it all, and somehow - this program works to keep me from trying to fool myself.

Ron
  • PlushHyena
    Options
    I also don't want to think about food all the time, but when I'm writing everything down (or logging it here), it seems I have to. I'm trying to get used to watching what I eat without it feeling like a diet. I like the idea here at MFP. Fast weight loss programs are not supported - instead, the point is to get used to a healthier way of eating and exercise. That is the only long-term solution. ;)