newbie (petite female) trying to get meal plan right

Options
hi! i'm very new to this. so my stats: i'm 5'3". i weigh 116. i'm trying to lose fat (from all over)- i just have left over baby pudge (from a now 4 year old!! lol). i do pilates (reforming) 1 x a week (think i'm might do 2x), bike & currently started JM's 6 pack dvd. i think i'm okay w/ that.

my Q is: my meal plan. i prefer vegetarain (i will & do eat fish) and i'm @ a 1200 cal plan. soooo.... do i eat back my calories? i'm clearly not eating enough. i'm afraid to eat snacks or other foods (like cheese, yogurt, bananas) for fear of adding too much fat into my plan. i'm afraid of eating back calories bc aren't i trying to create a deficit? i know i'm going to have to tweak it b4 my body starts 'eating' itself-- i am right?

just how do i add more calories in (since i'm very deficit at the moment)? what foods should i be eating?
should i eat back some calories? certain days??
if anyone can offer some food options or share your meal plan (esp. vegetarians) too that would be awesome! thanks!!

plz feel free to look at my food diary for details.

looking forward to hearing from you -much appreciated

Replies

• mwcraig34
    mwcraig34 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I work out so I can eat more! Your body will tell you when it needs more fuel. Just try and give it more whole foods that are healthy. As you may already know you need protein to build muscles and burn fat. So you may need to find a way to add protein to your diet. However you vegetarians do it!