Full-time student help!

Options
Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle and weight loss with a hectic full-time student schedule. ANY advice would help!

Thanks so much.

:)

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Pack health snacks everyday so you're not tempted to hit the vending machines on campus. If you can take a healthy lunch then do that too. If the campus has a gym then use it!
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    AlphamaleBAMF Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I'm a full time student. It's very hard to keep up gym and studying and run a large calorie deficit at the same time. I'm not gonna window dress things here buddy it is really hard work.

You need time management, discipline and planning. Like the poster above me said you should be packing snacks/lunch with you and taking it in to avoid the vending machines and cafeteria food. Just drink water or black coffee with no sugar, stay away from energy drinks or drinks with calories in them.

Make sure you can count calories for all your meals you're going to have before hand and just stick to that no matter how hungry you might get. Make sure your gym bag is ready to go when you get home don't sit around procrastinating or you'll end up going to sleep instead.

And make sure you have plenty of time to study at home. Do it on public transport if you use it. Do it at the gym with audio books/videos on the cardio machines. Do it any chance you get.
  • jenniekatsh
    Options
    Thanks so much. I really have my work cut out for me! Those long nights of essay writing and reading will definitely be the hardest.

Thanks again!
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Well, I am a full time student and I also have a full time career and a full time life. LOL

Avoid the booze, stay clear of processed foods, and move.. a lot. You really should have no excuse at all. You have nothing else to do but school and focus on health.

What is so hard about that?

I'm just saying. I work 8-5, train 6-7, then come home and do 3-6 hours of school work nightly. Wake up and do it all over again.

Just don't accept excuses and don't get in your own way.
  • jenniekatsh
    Options
    Thanks!! This advice is awesome and very helpful. Got to keep moving!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    My #1 piece of advice for fellow students: Make your health a priority just the same as your schoolwork. Time management is a big one also, but this is a skill you should have as a full time college student anyway. Commit to doing your workouts on time, and commit to packing/cooking your meals just like you commit to doing your homework at certain times, studying at certain times, going to class by a certain time, etc.
  • TeamNoExcuses
    Options
    I'm a full-time student too. I think time-management is everything as stated above. Make it a priority, that's what I'm doing this school year. It isn't easy but I am sure there are many resources on campus. A free gym is something we won't see when we graduate so let's take advantage. There are probably running clubs, and fitness classes too. My school has these. Good luck fellow undergrad! :)
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    My advice is to get a calendar/agenda and put time slots in for classes, homework time, working out, etc. It's the best way to stick to everything. I also agree on carrying your own healthy snacks. Good luck!
  • cerwin17
    cerwin17 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    As a fellow full-time college student with two part-time jobs, this is definitely good advice to hear! I'm going to commit to making health and fitness a priority during the last few semesters I have before I graduate.
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    For me I have noticed I am less stressed when I stick to healthy eating and exercise so I schedule it into my life. I am a full-time student, full-time job, do reasearch, and am in a leadership position. Even if it means working out before class or at night I fit it in. Or even on the weekends. But no matter the day I make healthy food choices and try to walk to class more than take the bus.
  • sapphirewind
    sapphirewind Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Well as far as food, l if you don't have anyone to cook for maybe a meal plan service would help save on time? I've been thinking about that this semester. Something like Medifast or Nutrisystem. Anyone use?