Gear you cant live without?

Options
Hey guys, I'm new to the site, I've done a few quick searches but I haven't come up with every much so far. I was wondering, is there any gear that you guys dont like to be without?

I have great running shoes and was thinking about purchasing a runners belt something like what they do over at SPIBelt to stash my stuff in so I am not carrying my keys while Im walking or running.

Any other suggestions?

Replies

• Freyja2023
    Freyja2023 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My Ipod is my favorite gear. I don't run, but I bike and having my own tunes makes me push harder and go for longer. Also my water bottle, it goes everywhere with me.
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    My phone for music and GPS tracking of stats, my Polar FT7 for recording my burn, and my Asics wrestling singlet under my workout clothes that helps keep my loose and jiggly spots in check :laugh:
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Ipod, Heart rate monitor, good shoes, good sports bra, and a good water bottle.
  • HolyPeas
    HolyPeas Posts: 71
    Options
    Do you carry all that or stash it somewhere?
  • obaker
    obaker Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Lanyard headphones. I was so sick of my headphones getting yanked out of my ears while running!
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    My Fitbit is an item that I can't live without. :heart:
  • g4genn
    g4genn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    For running, my garmin. IT tells me my intervals, my distances, my heart rate, if I need to pee.. wait ok not peeing but so much info.

I also love my little towel to wipe my face whn I sweat to much. It's about 10 sq.inches and absorbs like crazy. I bought it at the Canadian tire I think.
  • midschool22
    midschool22 Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    My bike.
  • HolyPeas
    HolyPeas Posts: 71
    Options
    when you in the market check out the jlab go mp3 player, its cordless and waterproof. you can actually swim with it, but I like it because its just one piece, fits on your ears like a bluetooth and thats it
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Heart Rate Monitor, Sports Bra,Good shoes, Under Armor (or similar) shirt, reusable water bottle. That's about it for me.
  • browneyedmama03
    browneyedmama03 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Polar F6 heart rate monitor and my ipod shuffle. Can't live without them.
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    In order of importance, compression shorts, good shoes, heart rate monitor, bike, gym membership. Good luck to you.
  • wait_loss
    wait_loss Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm new to the site, I've done a few quick searches but I haven't come up with every much so far. I was wondering, is there any gear that you guys dont like to be without?

I have great running shoes and was thinking about purchasing a runners belt something like what they do over at SPIBelt to stash my stuff in so I am not carrying my keys while Im walking or running.

Any other suggestions?

CLOTHS still weigh to much and not enough anti nausea pills to go around.
  • lifescircle
    Options
    HTC EVO... just got it this summer and love the thing. I carry it in my left hand. The screen is so big and bright. I use runnkeeper and love it (new to running). The phone is surprising comfortable to carry and fits well in my hand. I do have one of those gel-like covers on it, so very soft and won't slip.

Heart rate monitor - Mine that I have now doesn't track calories, butt... I just ordered a Polar FT7 just yesterday. I am anxiously awaiting it.

Merrell Barefoot Run Pace Glove - love these shoes. My shins were killing me when I first started running, and my ankles, even other parts. And I thought, this just can't be right. So I tried running barefoot to better understand what was going on (cause I had a pretty good pair of running shoes, so I thought). Running barefoot gave me no pain whatsoever in my shins or ankles. Thus, I started looking for barefoot shoes. Excellent.

I have an SPI belt but haven't used it yet. I usually walk/run thru my neighborhood and only take my phone and key.
  • VanillaBone
    VanillaBone Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I use an armpocket to carry my keys, ID and phone when I run. Love it. Also some Motorola bluetooth headphones.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Running Shoes
    iPod
    Garmin w/ HR monitor
    Nathan hand-held water bottle
    Food scale

That is my swag list... must-haves.
  • marikevr
    marikevr Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    My Garmin, my Buff and my Nathan hydration belt. It has two bottles and a pouch for keys/phone/whatevers.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    iPod shuffle.
    Good hi-viz running jacket, which has pockets for keys, and for my iPhone which has the iMapMyRun app to track my jogs.
    Realflex shoes
  • Suz_w8loss
    Suz_w8loss Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Garmin
    my "running" hat
    iPhone
    Camelbak/Nathan water bottle
    Road ID
    & my trusty running shoes :wink:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    So far, I haven't purchased any gear that I can't live without, and I hope to never do that. In fact, I was just reading a book where it was talking about how so many people now are under the impression that fitness happens through machines and gadgets. I have enough clutter in my life that I am purging. I don't need any more, at least not right now.