what?! i ran 1.25 miles?!?!?!

Options
lisaisso
lisaisso Posts: 337 Member
i can't believe it. it wasn't painful, and i thought to myself, "is this what running feels like?" it felt SO good. even though it took me about 17 minutes, but that's another success for me, as before i couldn't even run 2 minutes. my ultimate goal is to run a half marathon in april :noway:
gonna prove to myself that i can :wink:

Replies

• m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! Sounds like you are well on your way to your goal!
  • Robby
    Robby Posts: 41
    Options
    Congrats!
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Options
    Congrats! I started out just like that...i couldn't believe it when I ran a whole mile without stopping! It is the greatest feeling in the world! I am training for a half in March, good luck to you!!!!
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I just started running in June. I had NEVER run before. I am training for a half in January. I'm very nervous but I just keep running and hoping that I make it. Ran 7.6 miles for the first time Sunday. It was TOUGH!!!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! You (and the other former non-runners) are an inspiration! I still have bad memories of being the last one to finish the mile in 8th grade gym class. That's probably the last time I ran any significant distance. :laugh:
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Options
    I just started running in June. I had NEVER run before. I am training for a half in January. I'm very nervous but I just keep running and hoping that I make it. Ran 7.6 miles for the first time Sunday. It was TOUGH!!!

that's awesome...i am up to 5 miles now, slowly working my way up! praying I will b ready for the half by March, seeing as I already paid for it!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Isn't it a wonderful feeling!? You're doing a terrific job. :flowerforyou:
  • rockgoddess
    Options
    Excellant! Keep up the great work!
  • TattooedMommy427
    TattooedMommy427 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Way to go! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!