what are these called?

Options
shakybabe
shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
Does anyone know what they call those exercise machines which look like seat and meant to be like riding a horse or something?

I thought it was Equineciser or something but just get images of areas to exercise horses in.

I think I may be able to use one with a frame around it to hold onto and a balance belt (I'm wheelchair user so can't stand to exercise)

I heard they are good for toning tummy and butt.

Thanks

Replies

• shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I dont know anything about them but found these ones on amazon?

http://www.amazon.com/Riding-Exercise-Machine-Deluxe-Joba/sim/B000M51EG2/2
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Health rider
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options

Ha! that was the funniest video I've ever seen. Especially the guy that looks like he's using an invisable hula-hoop and riding that thing at the same time. Too funny. It prolly is a good workout if you aren't laughing so hard you fall off the seat. I'd sprain something for sure and NO ONE would believe me when I explained how I did it.:laugh:
  • ethansmug
    ethansmug Posts: 159 Member
    Options

Ha! that was the funniest video I've ever seen. Especially the guy that looks like he's using an invisable hula-hoop and riding that thing at the same time. Too funny. It prolly is a good workout if you aren't laughing so hard you fall off the seat. I'd sprain something for sure and NO ONE would believe me when I explained how I did it.:laugh:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-19582-1343068877-1.gif

I want one!!!! =P
  • shakybabe
    Options
    This was more like the one I saw on UK TV thanks.

I found it on UK Amazon called i-joy, there's another one that looks lighter and is cheaper but is a mechanical action so you kind of do the work yourself. i'm guessing that would burn more calories than just sitting on the motorised version?

I'm not sure if I'll have enough lower body strength to work it with been in a wheelchair for last 7 years? Anyone tried one (see link below for mechanical version) and know how much strength it takes to use and burn loads of calories whilst sitting?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Body-Sculpture-BCR3100-Magic-Rider/dp/B001WAKMHS/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_1

A review does mention it was used by someone with an hip injury so if they could manage it, I might be able to. That one looks lighter and not as bulky to store space wise as the i-joy one, it also mentions showing calories burned which the i-joy doesn't.

edit: How DO I REMOVE THIS ONE? I TRIED CUTTING TEXT OUT DIDN" T WORK AND THERE "S NO DELETE OPTION?
  • shakybabe
    Options
    I dont know anything about them but found these ones on amazon?

http://www.amazon.com/Riding-Exercise-Machine-Deluxe-Joba/sim/B000M51EG2/2

This was more like the one I saw on UK TV thanks.

I found it on UK Amazon called i-joy, there's another one that looks lighter and is cheaper but is a mechanical action so you kind of do the work yourself. i'm guessing that would burn more calories than just sitting on the motorised version?

I'm not sure if I'll have enough lower body strength to work it with been in a wheelchair for last 7 years? Anyone tried one (see link below for mechanical version) and know how much strength it takes to use and burn loads of calories whilst sitting?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Body-Sculpture-BCR3100-Magic-Rider/dp/B001WAKMHS/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_1

A review does mention it was used by someone with an hip injury so if they could manage it, I might be able to. That one looks lighter and not as bulky to store space wise as the i-joy one, it also mentions showing calories burned which the i-joy doesn't.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    bumping to watch that vid!