Where's the MFP crunchy mama/daddy tribe???

Options

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Me! I gave birth at home, breastfed, cloth diapers, baby wearing (haha), sleep sharing, stuff like that. My kids are 5 and 8 now though, so those baby years are over for me now.
  • DaysFlyBy
    DaysFlyBy Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I breastfed for a year, wanted to cloth diaper but didn't, and I wore my baby lol (mostly because I could breastfeed anywhere like that lol)

Nursing while wearing is something I always wanted to do but never could....sigh, lol. That crap takes some skill and you are lucky you were able to pull it off I imagine it made life a helluva lot easier sometimes lol.
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    made my own baby food too, all organic from famers market, was a family thing we did every weekend quite fun too!
  • tammyc226
    tammyc226 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Ok at the risk of looking like an idiot what does crunchy mean? Btw I'm not an American so that could explain why ive never heard that expression :)
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Ok at the risk of looking like an idiot what does crunchy mean? Btw I'm not an American so that could explain why ive never heard that expression :)

It means earthy or hippy (like granola).
  • DaysFlyBy
    Options
    Me! I gave birth at home, breastfed, cloth diapers, baby wearing (haha), sleep sharing, stuff like that. My kids are 5 and 8 now though, so those baby years are over for me now.

AWESOME! Really, why must they grow SO fast? My last baby is already 2.5....sniff. Is it too early to get excited for grandkids? lol
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

AWESOME! Really, why must they grow SO fast? My last baby is already 2.5....sniff. Is it too early to get excited for grandkids? lol

My five year old is already asking me when she can be a mom, and talking about how she wants to have kids someday. She also asks me to have another, but I'm all done. :smile: Nice to meet you, and everyone.

My older daughter was there for the birth of her little sister and she still remembers. That was really amazing for her.
  • DaysFlyBy
    Options
    made my own baby food too, all organic from famers market, was a family thing we did every weekend quite fun too!

Love it! I did that with my older kids, with my youngest he wouldn't eat any food that wasn't off my plate so he kind of skipped the pureed stage lol.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i did a few crunchy things =]
  • DaysFlyBy
    Options

My five year old is already asking me when she can be a mom, and talking about how she wants to have kids someday. She also asks me to have another, but I'm all done. :smile: Nice to meet you, and everyone.

My older daughter was there for the birth of her little sister and she still remembers. That was really amazing for her.

THAT is beautiful. I admire that so much. I'm naturally pretty introverted but in birth I'm an intense loner, I really want to just be alone, even whispering around me is too much. So my kiddos missed out on my first (and sadly only) two VBACs. :(
  • takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=crunchy+mama
  • rachelbacker
    rachelbacker Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    haha. im here! we CD, i am currently ebf via Exclusive Pumping (booooo!) we are modifying BLsolids and have to modify BLW a bit since we are EP but we are doing it :)
    :)
  • DaysFlyBy
    Options
    i did a few crunchy things =]

Good enough! lol
    Welcome! :D
  • magicmama
    Options
    ::raising hand::

Mine are now 14 and 10, so we have transitioned to a different stage, but I did all of those except homebirth.
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I had to look up BLW. Hadn't heard that abbreviation before.
  • DaysFlyBy
    Options
    haha. im here! we CD, i am currently ebf via Exclusive Pumping (booooo!) we are modifying BLsolids and have to modify BLW a bit since we are EP but we are doing it :)
    :)

EPing IS A JOB UNTO ITSELF, I am humbled by your dedication, srsly, do not ”boooo” the amazing job you're doing. Wow. Lucky, lucky baby. Bless your heart mama. <3

Edit to fix autocorrect snafu lol
  • karmamaof2
    Options
    Hi! I'm a crunchy mama to 5 yo twins.
  • DaysFlyBy
    Options
    ::raising hand::

Mine are now 14 and 10, so we have transitioned to a different stage, but I did all of those except homebirth.

My oldest is 18, next one down is almost 12. To be completely honest AP/gentle parenting gets much, much harder as they get older. I can deal with the baby and toddler years with aplomb but I struggle as they approach the teen years lol. I suppose that's normal it's just not what I expected lol. They're great kids, and I'm proud of them, but those hormones....wow.

Nice to meet you :)
  • tammyc226
    tammyc226 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! That is funny :)
  • DaysFlyBy
    Options
    Hi! I'm a crunchy mama to 5 yo twins.

Awwww how fun (and busy lol)!! What a neat experience, twins - ! I've often wondered what that would be like. So similar and yet so different I suppose, like any other set of siblings, except a unique relationship having literally been together since conception. :)