End off Week 1

Options
Hi All,

I have just finished week 1 and lost 2lb... I could do with a few friend for support that are going through the same as myself.

My fiancee eats everything he wants and stays at the same weight and Its difficult sometime while he is sat eating all thoes lovely but naughty treats to take myself away and resist. I do now make him sit on the other chair at the other side of the room so the treats are out of hands reach.

all support needed and appriciated.

Thanks Lesley :o)

Replies

• Libbyly
    Libbyly Posts: 175
    Options
    Hi

I used to live with someone like that too. It can be very hard but you can't really demand that they eat rice cakes just because you want to lose weight. I suppose you could try convincing him that though all the good food might not be going to his waist it's going to his arteries and try implement a health meals regime. Also - it won't last forever - the spread will catch up with him eventually.

I LOVE my food and don't want to eat rabbit food - I try to make my meals as healthy as possible but still use butter and cream..in moderation. My other half loves the new cooking plan - there are lots of inventive ways to make low fat food tasty.

I find Donal Skehan and JAmie Olivers recipes can be adapted and pinched to make really good food without the high calorie count.

LIbby
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck on your journey!! congrats on the weight loss! Thats so awesome!
  • Min171163
    Options
    I used to be like your other half! Sadly all the food caught up with me and now I gain half a stone just by passing a cake shop. Keep strong, stay true and we will all support each other. Good luck xxxxxx
  • dmdv22
    dmdv22 Posts: 22
    Options
    Great job.... Just remember this feeling in 15 years and your husband metabolism has changed and now he is struggling to keep the weight off.
    Maybe you can get him to visit MFP. I used to eat all I want maybe play a little basketball and drop 2 pounds. Now I am counting calories working out to burn em and drop about 2-3 ozs.

Hey but as you can see those ounces can add up. I am down 3lbs in 2weeks. It does feel good when yo look at that scale and it says a little less than the day before doesn't it.