FAVORITE SNACKS?

Options
Hi everyone! So I'm fairly new to the whole "healthy lifestyle" thing. lol. I have been successful in losing a (minimal) amount of weght through changing my eating habits. It is very important to me to reach my goal weight by being very healthy with my eating (had some poor eating habits in the past and do not want to revisit that). So, long story short, the only way I have been able to lose anything is to substantially cut my calories down.

But I'm wondering what you all like to snack on throughout the day for low calorie things? I have been doing some meal replacement shakes here and there, and cutting back my portions/upping my protein...and its working...but I have been told that you need to be snacking throughout the day as well to maintain a healthy eating program. I am worried that by adding snacking into my diet...my calories will go too high and I won't lose. Please let me know what your favorite snacks are! :)

Replies

• heddy90
    heddy90 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Various fruit, like apples, bananas, kiwis, dragonfruit, clementines. Some fruits have a bit more sugar in them than others, like bananas, but they are still healthy. All in moderation :) You can make it into a fruit salad, and have some sugar free yoghurt on top.

Cut veggies in cold water, like carrots, sweet peas, paprika, cucumber.

Cottage cheese mixed with.. anything really! Mixed with a sweet, sugarfree juice, or with fruits, with cut veggies or just as it is.

Cinnamon crackers. Don't know if they have these outside Scandinavia though, but anyway. They're yummy.
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    I have raw almonds and rice cakes wih peanut butter, or a piece of friut to tide me over.