This site is wacked ! It keeps telling me I will weigh

Options
Ok my weight is around 142 right now I would like to keep it at 140 even though people think im too thin..I run 5 miles every other day bike between 25-30 miles on the off days. Look at my diary it always says im under on calories which I dont buy but it keeps sayimg I will weigh 127 pounds in several weeks etc....

I have stayed at this weight for over a week now.. I usually yo-yo from 140- 143 thru out the week..I do upper body weights 3 times a week and also leg lifts and squats. I do 3 sets of 15 bench press,dumbell curls,flys,wrist curls, then 3 sets of 20 squats, and leg lifts.

My thighs and calfs are strong from the running and biking....I only eat the pretzles after supper and eat an ice cream cone usually once a week...I have had people say "eat more and you will loose weight" I dont buy that either but if I eat less im hungry so...what ?

Replies

• Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    You should prolly cut back on your Fireball consumption...:wink:
  • bstall1976
    bstall1976 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein, it will keep you fuller longer and help to maintain some muscle mass with all the cardio you do.
  • m_shuman
    m_shuman Posts: 179
    Options
    I agree with you if this estimate was right I would weigh 117 by now. You are doing alot of the things I am doing and I have just concluded that my body is in muscle building mode. I would suggest eating more protein and focus on your over all measurements and what you look like in the mirror. Even though I haven't lost weight I have toned up alot in my stomach, arms and legs. I am however going to try to increase my caloric intake because I am thinking that because I am getting tone I need more calories to sustain my body than when I had more fat on me (muscle burns more than fat.)
  • KellyUK1987
    Options
    It is merely an ESTIMATE....it isn't certain that you'll weigh that.
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    Ignore MFP's predictions! They aren't right.. Yesterday I put in my food and finished my day.. it said I'd weigh 170.9 in 5 weeks.. I then changed my goals (I'd been at 900 calories for a few days) I went back to 1150 and ate MORE food.. then it said I'd weigh 170.5 in 5 weeks. =\ Just ignore it..
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's an estimate and it's most likely going by if you ate the same things and done the same exercises every single day. Not many people eat the same foods daily at every meal.
  • mskatee
    mskatee Posts: 33
    Options
    I agree with M Shuman, if you work out a lot and esp if you do weight training, you need to focus on your size/measurements/how your clothes fit, rather than the scale. When doing lots of muscle building I have gone down an entire size in the past without dropping a pound!

I think the good thing about MFP is the way it helps you keep your food diary, NOT what it tells you you should do etc. Some of its recommendations and predictions are way off.
  • azalais7
    azalais7 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Weight shifting 1-3 pounds during the week is completely normal--it's most likely water retention. I suspect this isn't the answer you want, as you seem fixated on that number, but I'd say stop worrying about it. Do you feel good? Do you look the way you want? Do your clothes fit well? All better measures.
  • BlackTimber
    BlackTimber Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    CV Man,

You are an interesting case to me. I am the same age and have just got back on my bike after years of inactivity. You have lost a ton of weight. I have a couple of questions.

How long did that take?
    How long have you been at ~140.

I think that the calculators might get stumped by someone at their target weight with such huge active/calorie use numbers. It has been relatively (within a few pounds) accurate for me so far.
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I always weight lower than what they predict me. :blushing:
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    That number is only an estimate and only based on the calorie intake you had that day. Any other factors, it does not include.
  • cvcman
    cvcman Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Authur,

well I started biking about 2 yrs ago nothing big just 2 to 3 days a week and lost about 20 pounds...I then started biking more about 5 days a week and mixed in running about 1 to 2 miles a few times a week...then last year I was down probably around 30 pounds and I bumped the running to 5 miles and the biking to 21 miles at 19.6 mph, 7 days a week with weights mixed in, bike one day, run, bike ,run etc...then i got down to the 140...
    most fat people tell me im too skinny, most fit people tell me im fine...I feel good and enjoy my workouts..I do longer 40 or more mile rides with my wife but not at my fast pace, more like 15mph...when im alone I try to push..

I do HIT Tabatas mixed in too and TRY to eat good...I have been at the 139-142 for 6 months now..its funny we went on vacation and I still did my workout the same BUT I ate a HUGE ice cream cone every night and came home 3 pounds lighter !

My blood work is the best my cardio says he has seen
    HDL- 117
    'LDL70
    Try's- 60
    Very low density is 13
  • BlackTimber
    BlackTimber Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply CVMAN.

It truly is amazing what a lot of cardio will do for a persons lipid count. It's too bad that more doctors don't push their clients to get out and really start exercising. I want my doctor to hand me a fitness plan, not a prescription for some drug! Twenty or so years ago I was in good shape and also had super human blood work numbers.

19.6. That's fast. Even at my best I couldn't do that for 20 miles without a group. I think that I've always been more affected by gravity than anyone else on the planet :) I'm currently doing 100 miles per week at around 15 mph and would be happy at 18mph, but I weigh 200 pounds and am at 20 pounds over my current target. My poor bike tries to hide when I go to get it!

Do you do the HIT Tabatas on your bike? I always found Intervals tough but fulfilling.