Texas Roadhouse...help!

dancer33
dancer33 Posts: 114 Member
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
I'm going to Texas Roadhouse tomorrow night with some friends for dinner.... just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on low cal options so I can go there with something already in mind! Thanks :)

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    go to www.texasroadhouse.com... and look at their menu.......hope that helps and GOOD LUCK
  • jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    Grilled chicken.. Salad.. little to no bread.. and drink water to save you some calories incase you get tempted with some of the food =] GL!!!
  • jazzy020106
    go to www.texasroadhouse.com... and look at their menu.......hope that helps and GOOD LUCK

I love your SN!!! lol
  • CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    I have to eat steak when I go there. I would suggest getting the smallest sirloin. They don't have any of that excess fat to cut away and only eat part of it. And get steamed veggies instead of a potatoe product.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Big salad, dressing and cheese on the side. Specify that "cheese on the side" or "Hold the cheese"- - those yay-hoos serve their house salad with about a pound of shredded cheese on top.

Grilled chicken breast or steak, hold the cheese, double salsa. Side of green beans, unsweet tea. Ask if they have any decent breads - the usual dinner roll is swimming in about a pound of butter.

Careful of the peanuts, it's easy to eat a 900 of them.

That place is a &*$% minefield, we never go anymore.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Mmmmmm I :heart: TR.

I have no healthy suggestions. :ohwell: That's why I avoid even going there. :laugh:

:flowerforyou: Good luck!
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Small portions are the key! :drinker:

Grilled chicken, salad is a great idea! No bread, no potatoes or butter.
    Listen to Mr. Casper! he obviously knows the drill!

No matter what you order, If the meal served is Tex=*kitten* size, immediately
    put half in a take out box for another meal @home. :drinker:
  • jazzy020106
    Big salad, dressing and cheese on the side. Specify that "cheese on the side" or "Hold the cheese"- - those yay-hoos serve their house salad with about a pound of shredded cheese on top.

Grilled chicken breast, hold the cheese, double salsa. Side of green beans, unsweet tea. Ask if they have any decent breads - the usual dinner roll is swimming in about a pound of butter.

Careful of the peanuts, it's easy to eat a 900 of them.

That place is a &*$% minefield, we never go anymore.

Im in FLA. and we use to have a roadhouse.. but they all closed down =[ it was my FAVORITE restaurant!! Its probably good for me that its gone.. but man Oh man i miss it!!! lol..
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member

I love your SN!!! lol
  • moonport
    moonport Posts: 97 Member
    I go there all the time. It's my absolute favorite place to eat out. My best suggestion is to work out really hard and earn some extra calories for the day. Why go there and only eat a salad? I would rather stay home. When I go, I have the salad without cheese and light ranch on the side, BBQ grilled chicken and steamed vegetables or the mashed potatos with no gravy or butter. I even indulge in a roll, but be careful with those, there's a whopping 227 calories in each. I don't like peanuts, so that's never a temptation. I've been there 4 times in the past month and I've lost 18.5 pounds in that same time frame. It's totally doable.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    salad without cheese and light ranch on the side,
    BBQ grilled chicken
    steamed vegetables or the mashed potatos with no gravy or butter.
    I even indulge in a roll, but be careful with those, there's a whopping 227 calories in each.

Well ya' moonie, that's what I said. Order smart and be careful. Nobody said only eat a salad,,,
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    I have to eat steak when I go there. I would suggest getting the smallest sirloin. They don't have any of that excess fat to cut away and only eat part of it. And get steamed veggies instead of a potatoe product.

I got the steamed veggies there and they were swimming in margarine and salt. Actually every thing that we got on the menu had way too much salt. Drink a lot of water
  • ontheskinnyroad
    ontheskinnyroad Posts: 205 Member
    Order what you want and ask for a to go container and put half away for lunch the next day. Out of sight out of mind (sometimes).
  • agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    I would just go and order what you normally do, log what you eat when you get home. Work out like you normally do and just take the calories for the day. I take a day every couple weeks or so and go somewhere like that, I think the calorie spike helps the weightloss in the end anyway because it gets your matabolism burning faster. Just because your eating healthy and exercising doesnt mean you have to avoid these places all together. Just know your limit and stick to your workout routine, but have fun with your friends.
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,506 Member
    TR has sweet potatoes, and you can get them with nothing on them. You can also order the sirloin steak without seasoning (their seasoning contains salt). When I go I get the 6 oz sirloin, sweet potato and salad (with the salad I ask that they give me the dressing on the side). You can dip your fork in the dressing, then get a fork full of salad. You would be surprised how much less dressing you consume doing that, but you still get the taste of the dressing without loading down your salad. :wink:
This discussion has been closed.