Not sure if this has been done before but here goes.

Options
What is the worst diet or exercise gimmick have you tried?

Replies

• sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    grapefruit, still hate that fruit!
  • Timothy2000
    Options
    Omg I hate grapefruit. and I thought I had picked up some oranges well I did not pay attention to the size although I thought they looked a little big, so now I have a bag of grapefruit. I will try to find a use for them lol
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I've never tried anything --

But I'm regretting my co-worker trying Alli, she's already had an "Alli Oops" twice today. :sick: :indifferent:
  • Timothy2000
    Options
    I spent close to 200 bucks on this electronic muscle stimulator and these colon cleanse pills.
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Really the only diet I have ever tried was the "No White at Night" diet. I'm sure it works...but, I love to have my potatoes, pasta, rice, milk, a slice of buttered bread, etc. at dinner time (in moderation of course!)...so it was no success for me!

I am a firm believer that all diet plans like that are a bunch of hooie...I will stick to the good ol healthy eating, calorie counting and exercising! MUCH BETTER RESULTS!
  • CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I did Atkins when it was such a craze about 5 years ago maybe. It worked, the lbs practically fell off but I don't think it was practical. Plus I got quite sick due to irregularity if ya get me. Once I started eating carbs again the lbs just came straight back. I could definitely not make a lifestyle out of it.
  • MOTHERGOOSE21
    Options
    I have done hypnosis, shots, herbalife, gastric bypass you name it I have probably tried it. The only fool proof thing to do is watch what you eat and excercise. When I had gastric bypass they said I would never have to worry again but I proved them wrong. now i have joined Weight Watchers and have lost 35 lbs. and now hopefully with the support of my family I am going to quit that. I just need to have someone keep me accountable. My son and daughter-in-law hooked my up on this site and now my daughter has joined it too so i hope I have enough people watching me.
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I tried hydroxcut. It made me so sick! When I was young I tried the chicken noodle soup diet. I heard that Dolly Parton did it when she wanted to lose weight. I didn't make it very long. Chicken soup gets old after awhile. :laugh:
  • blakgarnet
    Options
    my father did atkins too and had success with it at the time. I still think a diet that cuts out things that fruits and some veggies (tomatos, etc) is stupid.
  • haley4tn
    haley4tn Posts: 130
    Options
    I did the LA Weightloss thing, while it was ok and I did lose close 30 pounds but I ended up getting pregnant with my second child and left. They where big into "Your Plan" which basically was a card to tell you how many calories you could have in a day and what meals you could have. It was a bit complicated, you could only eat this twice a week and this three times a week but never on the green days. They also had these nasty bars that they sold to you and if I remember correctly you HAD to buy so many of them month, YUCK!
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Options
    I have tried a little bit of everything, but probably the worst is I got duped into buying some of those "weight loss patches":blushing: they cost me like 70 dollars a pop, and they kept billing me for them even after I cancelled auto ship with the company I had to change my bank account number and everything. I didn't lose a pound!
    I did Atkins too and had good results until I started eating carbs again and then I gained it all back plus 15 more! The only thing that has worked consistenly with me is watch what I eat and exercise 5 times a week!
  • tubbytabbytales
    Options
    Ugh. Slimfast, Grapefruit diet, Atkins... and I forget what it was, but it was like some drink you take a tablespoon of before you go to bed and it works while you sleep. :huh:

:laugh:
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    I've never tried anything --

But I'm regretting my co-worker trying Alli, she's already had an "Alli Oops" twice today. :sick: :indifferent:

:sick: eewwwww

I tried those pills... anaprox? I think thats what they were, the one thats from that commercial "when is a diet pill worth $150 a bottle" remember those? they worked, they also gave me heart palpatations and made me crazy nervous all the time... and as soon as I stopped taking them I gained EVERYTHING back... :noway: never again!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Many moons ago I joined a women's gym called Venus De Milo. They had a decent program, but a killer diet. You had to take tons of vitamins because the diet had no sodium, no dairy, no fat, no beef.
    So...
    not even iceberg lettuce or celery, only spinach salads with vinegar dressing. :frown:
    I bought the same vitamins from KMart & saved a ton of money, but it was an awful diet.
    Then...
    I noticed I got dizzy doing some of the exercises &
    thank heavens!
    I was pregnant & got to stop the diet!
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: